Union Glashütte rounds off the year marking Johannes Dürrstein’s 175th birthday with another homage to the founder of the brand. The 1893 Anniversary Edition trio – in a limited-edition anniversary case with Small Second, Large Second and Regulator models –– is a further, worthy tribute to the visionary entrepreneur. His view of the modern Glashütte watch demonstrated a true sensibility for the contemporary, even in those early days. Individually, the three models are limited to just 175 units apiece, and the exclusive boxed-set threesome, to an edition of just 100 units.
The pure, canonical design of the different models in the Union Glashütte 1893 Anniversary Edition collection is an unmistakeable acknowledgement of their heritage, created in the style of modern Glashütte classics. Each of the silver-coloured dials stands out thanks to a distinctive design achieved through four very different and extremely complex machining processes.
The result, each time unique, is a striking interplay of finely sandblasted, grooved, burnished and granulated surfaces. Blued hands, delicately accentuated details and a blue calfskin leather strap with crocodile-hide effect, add the finishing touches to these very elegant timepieces.
The dial layout variations are made technically possible thanks to the modular construction of the mechanical U 2899 movement, various versions of which tick away at the heart of these watches.
The dial of the Regulator, for instance, with separate positioning of the hour and minute displays, harks back to historic precision regulators that also served as reference timepieces at the former UNION watch factory.
The design of the Large Second model stands out owing to the horizontal arrangement of the large second display and the main dial.
The Small Second carries extra design flair, accented by an elegant silver-shaded frame, and its elegant display is reminiscent of historic pocket watches.
Each model in the Union Glashütte 1893 Anniversary Edition is limited to 175 pieces and can be purchased individually from specialist retailers. A high-quality watch box, limited to just 100 pieces and designed to hold all three models, is also available at a special price.
Union Glashütte 1893 Anniversary Edition Technical Specifications and Price
- Small Second – D007.428.16.031.09
- Large Second – D007.444.16.031.09
- Regulator – D007.445.16.031.09
- Small Second – U 2899-ZZ6 / Hours, minutes / Small second / Date display on dial / Second stop / Power reserve up to 42 hours
- Large Second – U 2899-993 / Hours, minutes / Large second / Date display on dial / Second stop / Power reserve up to 42 hours
- Regulator – U 2899-0Z6 / Off-centre hours and seconds, central minutes / Date display on dial / Second stop / Power reserve up to 42 hours
- Stainless steel 316L
- Glass: Rounded sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on both faces
- Diameter: 41 mm
- Height: 11.83 mm
- Water resistance: Up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 m)
- White and silver-coloured with nickel-plated indices and blue details,
- Blued hands
- Blue calfskin with crocodile-hide effect
- Double fold fastener with two push-buttons
Price & Limitations
- 1893 Small Second Anniversary Edition: € 1735 (incl. 16 % VAT) / € 1780 (incl. 19 % VAT) – 175 pieces
- 1893 Large Second Anniversary Edition: € 1735 (incl. 16 % VAT) / € 1780 (incl. 19 % VAT) – 175 pieces
- 1893 Regulator Anniversary Edition: € 1930 (incl. 16 % VAT) / € 1980 (incl. 19 % VAT) – 175 pieces
- 1893 Anniversary Edition, boxed-set threesome: € 4825 (incl. 16 % VAT) / € 4950 (incl. 19 % VAT) – 100 pieces
Be the first to comment