Swiss Haute Horlogerie manufacturer Audemars Piguet continues to experiment with technical materials and avant-garde aesthetics with its new take on the Royal Oak Concept Flying Tourbillon GMT in shades of blue and grey. Looking at the past and future, this new model testifies to the collection’s uncompromising craftsmanship, pioneering micro-mechanics and futuristic aesthetics.
Blending titanium and grey ceramic, the case offers an ultra-contemporary frame for the cutting-edge openworked movement ticking within. The sandblasted titanium case is complemented with a sandblasted grey ceramic bezel—a combination of materials which extends to the crown and push-piece.
Sturdy and refined, the case echoes the watch’s high-end hand-wound mechanism it encloses. Its impressive 10-day power reserve will appeal to those seeking adventurous and more extreme lifestyles. Endowed with a flying tourbillon and contemporary functions, Audemars Piguet Manufacture Calibre 2954 defies the power of gravity with style. The dial of the Royal Oak Concept Flying Tourbillon GMT reveals its two-tone openworked aesthetics juxtaposing sandblasted blue titanium bridges and silver-toned components. Fully visible at 9 o’clock, the flying tourbillon is complemented by a crown position indicator at 6 o’clock and a second time-zone indicator at 3 o’clock.
The movement’s blue bridges, also visible through the sapphire caseback, are matched by a blue rubber strap. The watch additionally comes with a black rubber strap.
Launched in 2002 to commemorate the Royal Oak’s 30th anniversary, the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Concept established a new aesthetics for 21st-century Haute Horlogerie. A real platform for creativity, the Royal Oak Concept has evolved over the years with a wide array of technical materials, high-tech looks and ultra-modern movements.
“Born in Le Brassus, raised around the world.”
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Concept Flying Tourbillon GMT Technical Specifications
- Flying Tourbillon, GMT 24h,
- function selection,
- hours and minutes.
- Sandblasted titanium case,
- glare-proofed sapphire crystal and caseback,
- grey ceramic bezel, screw-locked crown and push-piece,
- sandblasted titanium push-piece guards,
- water-resistant to 100 m.
- Second time-zone indicator at 3 o’clock on sapphire plate,
- crown position indicator at 6 o’clock,
- pink gold Royal Oak hands with luminescent coating,
- black inner bezel.
- Blue rubber strap with sandblasted titanium AP folding clasp.
- Additional black rubber strap.
- Hand-Wound Manufacture Calibre 2954
- Total diameter: 35.6 mm (15 ¾ lignes)
- Total thickness: 9.9 mm
- Number of jewels: 24
- Number of parts: 348
- Minimum guaranteed power reserve: 237 h
- Frequency of balance wheel: 3 Hz (21,600 vibrations/hour)