A flying tourbillon. An Angelus skeleton calibre. Professional diving skills. Asymmetric design. Rotating flange. A 25-piece limited series. All available in khaki green. Angelus U53 stands out as an exclusive, versatile, masculine, ultra-modern timepiece, which Angelus also wanted to be easy to wear.
Angelus continues to explore the endless possibilities of its diving models. U53 is plunged into a sportsmanlike and contemporary shade of green. Its design and watchmaking vision can only be equalled by its technical features and high-level finishes – remarkable for a timepiece meant for diving in deep water.
A unique shade of green
From the vast palette of greens, Angelus has chosen a khaki shade. This colour is also found on the U53’s rotating flange, strap and hands – a bold statement for a sports watch which also works effortlessly in more formal settings, offering a casual, chic look.
A diver unlike any other
U53 meets all the criteria for watches intended for underwater use. Its case is water-resistant to 300 metres. Its 60 minute-graduated rotating flange only turns anticlockwise. Its hands and indices are luminescent. It is equipped with a helium valve, to allow saturation diving. It is also resistant to magnetic fields and scratching: indeed, U53 is made entirely of grade 5 titanium, a light, comfortable metal which is very well tolerated by the skin even in high moisture conditions yet is hard enough to withstand most scratches.
What makes this watch’s 46 mm case stand out is its functions. At 9 o’clock, the helium valve. At 2 o’clock, the screw-down crown, which controls the rotating flange. A second screw-down crown located at 4 o’clock allows for winding and setting the time. Above this ensemble the bezel, with its powerful design, an Angelus signature. Its deep indents, in a distinctive shark fin design, immediately draw the eye; the motif is repeated on the flange, also in green and graduated with Arabic numerals.
Angelus U53 also stands out among classic types of diver by showcasing its movement in spectacular fashion. The Angelus A-300 is a skeleton calibre characterised by its large bridges. By their openwork in the centre, which specifically evokes the design of Angelus’ calibres. By its one-minute flying tourbillon, with its contemporary technicity, and by the slightly asymmetric placement of all its vital components: the barrel at 1 o’clock, winding at 4 o’clock, tourbillon at 6.30, small seconds at 9.30. These unusual locations are dictated by the design of the U53. This diver is being issued in a limited edition of 25 pieces, mounted on a rubber strap and complimentary hand-stitched NATO strap.
Angelus U53 Technical Specifications
Reference 0.TDDT.G01A.T008G – Limited edition of 25 pieces
- hours, minutes, small seconds,
- 60-minute unidirectional flange
- Calibre A-300, mechanical, hand-wound, one-minute flying tourbillon
- Jewels: 23
- Diameter: 32.80 mm
- Thickness: 4.30 mm
- Power reserve: 60 hours
- Frequency: 4 Hz / 28,800 vph
- plates and bridges: sandblasted
- wheels: circular-grained
- tourbillon cage: bevelled and polished
- Rotating flange: 60-minute graduation, lacquered, in green
- Flange: indices coated with Super-LumiNova
- Hands: coated with Super-LumiNova
- Material: grade 5 titanium
- Diameter: 46.00 mm
- Thickness: 12.47 mm
- Bezel: grade 5 titanium, microbead blasted
- Crystal: sapphire crystal box, anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Back: sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating
- Water resistance: 300 metres/30 ATM
- Material: rubber, green (+ complimentary NATO strap in green, hand-stitched)
- Buckle: pin buckle, grade 5 titanium
Global retail price
- CHF 39,400 excl. tax (subject to change)