An extraordinary timepiece joins the Baume & Mercier Clifton Baumatic collection. A new small complication with a unique look in addition to day-date and moon-phase – Baume & Mercier Clifton Baumatic Day-Date Moon-Phase.
The Baumatic BM14 in-house calibre embodies the full expertise and enthusiasm that has driven Baume & Mercier to create a new model. It now features a beautiful complication that reinforces the traditional watch expertise with a reliable, exclusive mechanism. This self-winding movement features a 5-day power reserve.
In addition to functional considerations, there is an omnipresent pursuit of balance in the proportions and of harmony in the choice of materials and colours.
The round 42 mm rose gold case with satin-polished double-bevelled edges emphasizes the gradated lacquered grey dial. The dial reveals the moon-phase against a starry sky background accentuated by the smoky grey sapphire crystal. It is adorned by riveted trapezoid-shaped hour markers and elegant golden alpha-shaped hands. A domed sapphire crystal with a glare resistant coating offers excellent readability.
As an ultimate touch of elegance, the piece is mounted on an interchangeable blue alligator strap with Bordeaux overstitching along the lining and bar tacking at the buckle. A fun yet reliable way to vary the look of the watch on a whim is made possible by a system of small curved bars with lugs requiring no tools.
A new Clifton that embodies the elegance and expresses the expertise of the Baume & Mercier House, specially designed for the connoisseur of beautiful watches.
Baume & Mercier Clifton Baumatic Day-Date Moon-Phase Technical Specifications
- In-house self-winding movement (BAUMATIC BM14 1975 AC2) Bridge with circular-grained decor
- Sandblasted plate with snailed decor
- Gilt open-worked oscillating weight adorned with “Côtes de Genève” and snailed decors, Baume & Mercier engravings
- Power reserve: 5 days (120 hours)
- Jewels: 21
- Frequency: 4Hz (28,800 vph)
- Thickness: 5.7 mm
- H/M/S, date-jour, phases de lune
- Diameter: 42 mm
- Thickness: 12.95 mm
- Polished and satin-finished 18K pink gold
- Antiglare(2 faces) scratch-resistant domed sapphire crystal
- Polished 18K pink gold crown
- Open case back secured with 4 screws*
- Gradient grey lacquered
- Gilt riveted trapezoid-shaped indexes slighty elongated
- Gilt alpha hands
- Grey transparent sapphire aperture at 6 o’clock
- Polished gilt moon-phase disc with blue lacquered finish
- Interchangeable blue all square scales alligator with tone-ontone stitching on the top and burgundy color on the bottom and bridle points at the buckle
- System of curved bars with very reliable lug that allows to change the strap without tools
- Polished and satin-finished 18K pink gold pin buckle
- 5 ATM (approx. 50m)
GOLD WEIGHT ESTIMATED
- 42.9 gr
- 13 800 CHF
* Possibility to engrave the case back
I purchased a Baume & Mercier Riviera in 1983 for $11,000 from Claude Moore Jewelers in Mobile, Alabama. The watch was sent back to the factory several years ago to be tuned up. The watch is 18 karat gold and has 60 diamonds around the bezel. I bought it instead of a heavier Rolex.
What is the sales price of this watch today?
I am not aware of the market price today. Please see an Auction House, a specialised jeweller or use one of the dedicated platforms.