Bell & Ross launched last year a new timepiece in the BR-X1 collection: the Bell & Ross BR-X1 Phantom. The new timepiece follows the design on the 2014’s launched BR-X1 futuristic cockpit timepieces in a dark theme.
The black-themed Bell & Ross BR-X1 Phantom comes in a light 45 mm diameter brushed titanium case that was treated with a ceramic layer. Using PVD – physical vapour deposition, the resistance to scratches and any other chemical influences is increased.
The watch was enriched with a black ceramic frame that makes the watch to look bolder and interesting. The ceramic pushers have rubber inserts for easier and stable use. The excellent grip offered by rubber can be also found on the Bell & Ross iconic crown.
The skeletonised dial has the familiar look of its predecessors. The hands and indexes are filled with black SuperLuminova to ensure the best low light visibility (although, the black lume does not have the same brightness as the classical versions).
The BR-X1 Phantom is powered by the calibre BR-CAL.313. This movement is based on a modified ETA 2892 fitted with a chronograph module produced by the well known Dubois-Depraz.
Bell & Ross BR-X1 Phantom Technical Specification and Price
Limited Edition of 250 pieces.
- Calibre BR-CAL.313.
- Automatic mechanical.
- ‘X’-shaped upper bridge.
- 56 jewels,
- 28,800 vph.
- Skeleton chronograph.
- Hours, minutes, small seconds at 3 o’clock.
- Skeletonised date at 6 o’clock.
- Chronograph: 30-minute counter at 9 o’clock, central seconds.
- Tachymeter scale on the flange.
- 45 mm in diameter.
- Black PVD titanium and matt black ceramic with rubber inserts.
- Rocker push-buttons.
- Case-back with an opening in tinted sapphire crystal, centred on the balance.
- Metal applique Super-LumiNova®-filled indices.
- Metal skeleton Super-LumiNova®-filled hour and minute hands.
- Sapphire with anti-reflective coating.
- 100 metres.
- perforated black rubber.
- Black PVD steel with black rubber over-moulding.
Ref: BRX1-PHANTOM/SRB – 17,900 €