With their eye-catching colours and luminescence, the Breitling Chronomat Automatic 36 South Sea Capsule Collection evoke the intoxicating vibes of summer, marine life, and lush greenery.
“This colourful and exclusive new capsule collection – to be produced for a limited time only – is aimed at more fashion-forward women of action, purpose, and style,” notes Breitling CEO Georges Kern.
Available in three distinctive versions, the Chronomat Automatic 36 South Sea Capsule Collection is the spirited sister of Breitling’s latest Chronomat for Women. This elegantly modern, retro-inspired watch is for ladies looking to stand out from the crowd. It symbolizes competence and effortless style with a breezy twist.
The timepieces in the new Breitling Chronomat Automatic 36 South Sea Capsule Collection feature special lacquered dials in beige, midnight blue, and mint green, as well as matching alligator straps with folding clasps. Especially striking are the golden indexes and hands, not to mention the diamond-set hour markers and cocktail-hued gem-set bezels.
On the technical side, these Swiss-made beauties are powered by the Breitling Caliber 10, a COSC-certified chronometer that offers a power reserve of approximately 42 hours.
The delightful Chronomat Automatic 36 South Sea Capsule Collection is also a perfect fit for Breitling partner DREST, the world’s first interactive luxury fashion mobile game. This highly immersive game puts players in the role of fashion stylists choosing clothing and accessories from over 200 leading global fashion brands.
The second Breitling–DREST mood board challenge – based on the new Chronomat Automatic 36 South Sea Capsule Collection – goes live on Wednesday, March 17, 2021, at 12:00 noon GMT, and will run for three days (72 hours).
As with all the other fashion items featured in DREST, there is the option for users to seamlessly shop the Breitling pieces they have played and competed with in the game – creating a fun and interactive modern-day shopping experience.
A Nod to Tradition
Since the 1940s, Breitling has created a variety of dedicated women’s models. There was the delicate ladies’ TransOcean, called the “most wonderful expression of Breitling precision” back in 1957. The Lady J made a bold statement in the 1990s, before the Galactic brought a “blend of refined luxury and uncompromising technical sophistication” in 2010. More recent women’s timepieces include the iconic Navitimer 35 and 38 and the sporty Superocean 36.
The original 1984 Chronomat helped signal the rebirth of the Swiss watch industry, and it has inspired many more timepieces over the past four decades – including women’s models.
Today, the modern-retro watches of the Chronomat for Women collection shine the spotlight on confident and versatile women.
Breitling Chronomat Automatic 36 South Sea Capsule Collection Technical Specifications and Price
- Caliber: Breitling Caliber 10
- Diameter: 25.60 mm
- Depth: 3.60 mm
- Winder: self-winding mechanical, bidirectional with ball bearing
- Power reserve: approx. 42 hours
- Balance frequency: 28,800 a/h or 4 hertz
- Display: hour, minute, second, date
- Certification: COSC-certified
- Material: stainless steel
- Diameter: 36 mm
- Height: 10.01 mm
- Water resistance: up to 10 bar (100 meters)
- Glass: cambered sapphire, glare-proofed on both sides
- Caseback: solid, screwed
- Crown: non-screw-locked, two gaskets
- Bezel: stainless steel with coloured gemstones, unidirectional, ratcheted
Dial & Hands
- Beige, midnight blue, or mint green
- Super-LumiNova® luminescent 18 k red gold indexes and hands, diamond hour markers
Strap & Buckle
- Beige, blue, or green alligator leather strap with folding clasp
- 8’250 CHF / €8.100 / £6,550 / USD 8,500 Excl. Sales Tax. / SGD 12 200 / HKD 66 000 / CN¥63,800 / J¥1,023,000 / AED 34,650