The mechanical Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80 lends Certina’s watchmaking tradition a modern, urban face, as the latest versions prove with great flair. Three dynamic models appear in powerful colours – dark blue, grey and brown – each equipped with two different, easily interchangeable straps. One presents a totally new option: a high-quality fabric strap made of #tide ocean material®, which is based on plastics fished from the ocean – the ideal accessory for an eco-friendly style.
Timeless and stylish: three powerful colours for the DS-1 Powermatic 80
The clear design of the DS-1 makes it the modern classic in the Certina collection. The 40 mm stainless steel case now frames domed dials in dark blue, chocolate brown or light grey with a sunray finish and faceted indexes. Each of the three versions has its own character. The brown variant with yellow gold accents is complemented by a stainless steel Milanese bracelet and a dark brown leather strap. The light grey DS-1 Powermatic 80 offers a pure, modern look. Silver-coloured hands and indexes are set off by a Milanese bracelet and a grey fabric strap in #tide ocean material®. The blue version is the trendsetter of the trio, with rose gold-coloured elements, a five-link stainless steel bracelet and a blue fabric strap in #tide ocean material®. Common to all three models are the quick-change system for the straps, a domed sapphire crystal, transparent case back and, naturally, the Double Security (DS) concept.
Sustainable and clever: a new generation of watch straps
Swiss precision and innovation go hand in hand with the new DS-1 Powermatic 80. Working together with scientists from the OST – Eastern Switzerland University of Applied Sciences, #tide ocean material® developed an award-winning method, based on a mechanical up-cycling principle, of processing waste plastics recovered from the oceans. Certina shares their commitment to greater environmental protection and sustainability. The result: a new generation of high-quality, robust and beautiful fabric watch straps.
Modern and mechanical: the Powermatic movement with Nivachron™ balance spring
The beating heart of the new trio is a modern Powermatic movement with a power reserve of up to 80 hours and a Nivachron™ balance spring. Its anti-magnetic qualities and resistance ensure maximum precision and longevity for the filigreed mechanism at the heart of the watch.
Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80 Technical Specifications and Price
- DS (Double Security),
- two straps with quick-change system,
- fabric strap in #tide ocean material®,
- a recycled plastic,
- Powermatic 80 movement with Nivachron™ balance spring
- Powermatic 80.611 automatic movement, Swiss Made, Nivachron™ balance spring
- Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Power reserve: up to 80 hours
- Stainless steel 316L, sapphire crystal case back; 40 mm diameter
- Dark blue domed dial with sunray finish look;
- Date at 3 o’clock
- Rose gold-coloured hands and indexes
- Water resistance: Up to a pressure of 10 bar (100 m)
- Glass: Domed, anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Strap: Five-link stainless steel bracelet with butterfly closure and blue fabric strap in #tide ocean material® with pin buckle
Reference / Price:
- C029.807.11.041.02 – Switzerland CHF 790.00*
*recommended retail prices