CLAUDE MEYLAN takes its inspiration from the magical prism of seven colours and creates TORTUE RAINBOW in various harmony with so deep signification. With RAINBOW, colours enhance the sculpture of time. The new declination of our movement 165CM16 gives way to a new element. Subtle and inserted between the base plate and bridges, it matches the hands and sets the tone to the inspirations linked to its colour. Each bridge are cut out, fully decorated and in a harmony of specific shapes. It prompts an intriguing transparency of lights pushed to new dimensions by the character of suspended colours. TORTUE RAINBOW takes you to a new dimension where your own imagination and spirit will lead you a new time-space.
It is thanks to Isaac Newton that we understand the rainbow phenomenon. He demonstrates that the colours are actually the result of the decomposition of white colour from the sun.
When he wanted to name the different colours visible, he chose seven, less a scientific approach than the desired analogy with magic and omnipresence of the number seven.
The seven colours of the rainbow and the seven notes of the diatonic scale reveal a regulator of vibration, vibration which are in more primitive traditions, the essence of the matter.
Seven corresponds to the seven days of the week, the seven planets, the seven degrees of perfection, the seven heavenly spheres or degrees, the seven petals of the rose, the seven heads of the Angkor cobra, the seven branches of the tree cosmic and sacrificial shamanism, etc.
Some are other sevenfold’s symbols; as rose to the seven petals evoke the seven heavens, seven angelic hierarchies, all perfect sets. Seven means all planetary and angelic orders, all the heavenly mansions, all of the moral order, and all energies mainly in the spiritual order. Amongst Egyptians, it was the symbol for eternal life. It symbolizes a complete cycle, a dynamic perfection, a positive renewal.
Combining the number four, which symbolizes the Earth (with its four cardinal points) and number three, symbolizing the sky, seven represents the whole universe in motion. It is universally the symbol of a whole, yet a whole in movement or in total dynamism.
These inspirations, these myths and legends have given birth to the creation of TORTUE RAINBOW. Its movement cut in sunlight rays, its specific and devoted shape called for the adjunction of a new coloured element whose rays interspersed with bridges and base plate. As an analogy to the rainbow and its seven colours, we enhance the positioning of 7 o’clock and leave you with endless imaginations.
Note that the seven colours of the rainbow sky only reveal the visible spectrum… We'll leave you here, for enthusiasts, among others, for theology, esotericism and numerology to continue the fascinating discovery of the multiple meanings of this figure so special, mentioned 77 times in the Old Testament more than 300 times in the Bible...
Claude Meylan Tortue Rainbow Technical Specification
- 16 ½ Mécanique à remontage manuel (Movement Mechanical, hand winding)
- Functions: Hours, Minutes
- Decorations: Fine finish, skeleton
- Bridges/Baseplate: Matching and bicolour
- Calibre 165 CM14
- Autonomy 42 hours
- Steel 316L,
- Sapphire crystals backs
- Dimension: 40 mm
- Waterproof: 30 m
Claude Meylan Tortue Rainbow – Symbolic colour meaning
Think fire and blood – Red rushes to us with messages of passion, primal urges, action, pleasure, vibrance, radiance, and love.
• Red is affiliated with the planet: Mars
• Its zodiac sign is: Aries
• Red is associated with the number: One
• Employ the colour red for: Energy booster, protection
• Red’s mantra is: “I am ignited”
A nice subdued blend between the aggressive red and the high-pitch of yellow – Orange is about harmony, aspiration, sociability, contentment, and intelligence
• Orange is affiliated with the planet: Mercury
• Its zodiac sign is: Gemini
• Orange is associated with the numbers: Two and Four
• Employ the colour orange for: Aid in decision making,
• Orange’s mantra is: “I am satisfied”
The fresh start of spring brings waves of Green and with it comes attributes of youth, sentimentality, nature, adventure, growth and health.
• Green is affiliated with the planet: Venus and Earth
• Its zodiac signs are: Libra and Taurus
• Green is associated with the numbers: Four and Six
• Employ the colour green for: Promoting compassion and overall physical health
• Green’s mantra is: “I am accepted”
Look to the sky for the meanings of Blue – open spaces, freedom, imagination, expansiveness, inspiration, and sensitivity.
• Blue is affiliated with the planet: Jupiter
• Its zodiac sign is: Sagittarius
• Blue is associated with the number: Five
• Employ the colour blue for: Healing the sense organs,
• Blue’s mantra is: “I am expansive”
Worshipped in the form of the sun – Yellow is all about radiating creativity, protection, intellect, positivity and clarity.
• Yellow is affiliated with the luminary: Sun
• Its zodiac sign is: Leo
• Yellow is associated with the numbers: One and Three
• Employ the colour yellow for: Helping inner vision,
• Yellow’s mantra is: “I am centred”
Similar to the attributes of blue, but Indigo’s energy runs very deep – consider the unknown depths of the sea along with emotion, strength, fluidity, persuasiveness, expressiveness, and pervasiveness.
• Indigo is affiliated with the planets: Saturn and Neptune
• Its zodiac signs are: Capricorn and Pisces
• Indigo is associated with the number: Five and Seven
• Employ the colour indigo for: Invoking clarity of purpose, aiding in spiritual healing
• Indigo’s mantra is: “I am deep”
The hue of fragile flowers and sleepy sunsets, Violet reminds us of spirituality, communion, grandeur, high-ideals, devotion, and peace
• Violet is affiliated with the planet and luminary: Uranus and Moon
• Its zodiac signs are: Aquarius and Cancer
• Violet is associated with the number: Seven and Twelve
• Employ the colour violet for: Enhancing nurturing qualities, balancing sensitivity
• Violet’s mantra is: “I am revolutionary”
More information can be found on Claude Meylan Website.