Czapek launches the Quai des Bergues Rosewood S and Rosewood Diamonds, two iterations of its signature guilloché Ricochet dial in a distinctive new hue and with exquisite baguette-cut diamonds indexes.
The Dubai Watch Week, the most important fine watchmaking salon in the Middle East, is the perfect stage to present in avant-première the latest additions to Czapek Quai des Bergues collection. The two new references have in common a unique and unusual engine-turned dial in a “rosewood” colour, a demonstration of Czapek’s continuous exploration of the endless possibilities of this fine watchmaking technique in collaboration with its partner Metalem – one of the best guilloche makers in the industry, based in Le Locle, Switzerland.
Once more, Czapek challenged the artisans at Metalem to come up with an innovative, genderless hue for the brand’s signature engine-turned dial. “The result – explains Xavier de Roquemaurel, CEO of Czapek & Cie – was this deep, natural-looking colour that invokes wide-open desert spaces, with a reddish cast that changes with the sunrays… Something hard to define from raspberry to carmine, a fascinating new electroplated colour”.
While the Quai des Bergues Rosewood is conceived as a genderless piece, with is 38.5mm steel case, the Rosewood Diamonds in white gold winks at ladies that look for a fine watchmaking timepiece, with a sophisticated design and a discrete touch of sparkle. Nine shimmering baguette-cut diamonds have been set on the dial after an extremely complicated cutting process.
Both watches are equipped with the Quai des Bergues range’s Czapek SHX1 proprietary calibre, a 7-days hand-wound movement with two spring barrels and a power reserve of 168 hours (7 days). Developed in collaboration with Chronode, the movement is finely decorated with open ratchets, blued screws, bevelled edges and sand-blasted bridges. “Our approach to watchmaking for women is close to the one that was at the origins of watchmaking – continues Xavier de Roquemaurel – We like to play with proportions, size and some feminine details, but we above all like to propose women ‘haute horlogerie’ mechanical products”.
The Quai des Bergues Rosewood and Rosewood Diamonds – also offered with brilliant-cut diamonds on the bezel as a customisable option – will be presented at the Dubai Watch Week from November 20th to November 24th, 2019. They will be available on sale in Czapek official retailers, in the flagship boutique in Geneva, rue de la Corraterie 18, and on Czapek.com.
Czapek Quai des Bergues Rosewood Technical Specifications
- Hours, Minutes & Seconds
- Small second at 7h30
- Power reserve indication with weekdays at 4h30
- Calibre SXH1: Haute Horlogerie proprietary mechanical hand-wound movement
- Power-reserve > 168 hours (7 days) on 2 barrel-springs
- Frequency: 3 Hz – 21,600 VpH
- Diameter: 32 mm – 14 lines ¼
- Height: 4.75 mm
- Finish: double open ratchets, sandblasted bridges, blue screws, bevelling, final anglage main
- Steel squeletonized hands with rodhium plating
- Exclusive XO stainless steel “Revolution” case
- 38.5 mm diameter
- Curved Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Sapphire crystal case back with anti-reflective treatment on the inside surface
- Water-resistance: 50 meters (5 atm)
- Mat Black Alligator strap with XO seel pin buckle