Based on Dornblüth’s Caliber 99.1 Medium, this edition is presented in an exclusive colour and materials configuration, providing a very exclusive piece, of which only 5 will be made; all of which are exclusively available through About Timepieces.
The D. Dornblüth & Sohn 99.1M Gruene case is 40mm and mainly in brushed stainless steel, however also has some polished edges which provides contrast of light reflection between the angled surfaces.
The dial is very simple, but stunning – Under the sapphire crystal, sits a semi-translucent green ceramic dial, which has a light circular grain to it, delivering a radiant sunburst effect under certain lights, due to the brass movement shining through. The dial also appears to have a darker green flat matt finish in other lighting conditions.
An engraved and white filled chemin de fer circles the dial, the 5-minute markers being larger than the other minutes. There are 11 oversized polished steel applied numerals (for hours) sitting on the dial, the only one missing being 6, which makes room for the recessed subsidiary small seconds dial.
The sub-dial also of the 99.1M Gruene has a similar chemin de fer right to the edge of its perimeter, this time with every 10 seconds is a white numeral up to 60, the alternating 5-second marker is an elongated line from the outer marker making seconds easy to read should you need to be precise. The sub-dial has a diagonal grain on it, catching the light in contrast to the main dial’s circular grain.
Look closely, and just above the sub-dial, you will see a subtle non-filled engraving of “Limited Edition” followed by the number of the piece.
Classic, polished steel hands indicate hours and minutes, with the amazingly thin small seconds hand being in the same finish.
Turn the piece over and you will immediately see the passion that has gone into creating the movement.
The three-quarter plate has been rhodinized and has a grained finish, with yellow gold hand engravings of the manufacturer’s name, company serial number and the Limited Edition number of the piece. The crown wheels have a double sunburst finish on them and as well as the heat blued screws, you will also notice the intricate engraving on the balance cock.
A green ostrich leather strap that matches the dial tones perfectly, is fastened with a stainless steel pin buckle.
The manufacture waiting time for a D. Dornblüth piece is currently 8 -12 months, however, the remaining few pieces are available for delivery within a few weeks.
D. Dornblüth & Sohn 99.1M Gruene Technical Specifications and Price
Limited edition of only 5 pieces all of which are exclusively available through About Timepieces
• Polished/burnished, with double screw union
• Diameter 40 mm
• Height 10 mm
• 1.6 mm sapphire crystal on top, slightly domed and antireflective on the inside
• Screwed sapphire crystal base
• Oversized crown with embossed manufacturer name solid nickel-free stainless steel, polished/burnished
• Diameter 37 mm x height 4.4 mm
• 20 rubies
• Hand wound
• Oversized eccentric second display, indirectly driven below the gear train by means of an intermediate gear, with friction spring and cantilevered second pinion
• Rhodinized three-quarter plate with yellow gold hand-graving of manufacturer name and serial number
• Grained finish, with double sunburst finish on the crown wheels
• 18,000 semi-oscillations per hour
• power reserve 50 hours (+/-5%)
• Green ceramic dial
• “Limited Edition“ engraving with serial number on dial
• Polished steel appliques
Note: Due to the manufacturing technique the shade of green can slightly vary
• Green Ostrich Leather with beige leather lining
• Stainless pin buckle
• £6,050 (plus UK VAT if applicable)