In May 2022, the Friedrich II Remontoir Prototype “00” is sold for HK$819,000. It is the first time in its history; LANG & HEYNE has developed and manufactured an unique timepiece in collaboration with PHILLIPS and long-term partner THE LAVISH ATTIC. The year of 2022 celebrates the 9 years of partnership between THE LAVISH ATTIC and LANG & HEYNE. Based on the same Calibre VI-I, limited edition of 9 pieces Friedrich II Remontoir The Lavish Attic Edition is proudly launched and opened for pre-order.
1. The first-ever black enamel dial, made in a different way
The face of the Friedrich II Remontoir is created by a two-part enamel dial. A new state-of-the-art technology gives the possibility to cut massive enamel in slices. Thus, the idea was born to fix two of these discs on a metal support, thus obtaining an enamel dial with a lower small second. Since the highly polished discs cannot be burned again, they are printed with high-quality varnish and the indexes are hand-lined with superluminova.
The lancet hands indicate the time extremely accurate and are easy to read even by night thanks to their superluminova filling.
2. The first-ever Remontoir found in small second
Underneath the dial a newly developed Remontoir movement, the calibre Cal. VI-I. is responsible for the accurate display of the time. It is equipped with a complicated mechanism to improve accuracy, the Remontoir. This so-called “constant force mechanism” compensates for the decreasing force of the tension spring. Its energy tensions a storage spring every five semi-oscillations, which constantly transmits its power to the escapement. This keeps the amplitude of the balance wheel constant throughout the day, minimizing rate fluctuations.
The Remontoir of Cal. VI-I is located on the escape wheel and is responsible for the jump of the small second hand every second and fulfills its function at least for 24 hours.
LANG & HEYNE Friedrich II Remontoir The Lavish Attic Edition
3. The first-ever movement made of titanium
Through the sapphire glass case back it is obvious, that the main parts of this movement were manufactured of an complete new material – titanium. The use of titanium has presented entirely new challenges to the master watchmakers of LANG & HEYNE.
Medium-hard titanium of purity grade 2 is used to manufacture the movement plate, gear bridge, lever bridge and balance cock. The chamfers have to be polished very laboriously with wood and polishing paste. The poor behavior under friction also forces a different design for the bearings of all parts. Separate bronze bearings are used for the barrel and winding stem. Line grindings are easily feasible and hand engravings are also possible. Technically, titanium offers greater strength and corrosion resistance. For aesthetic reasons, the otherwise blue annealed screws were replaced with purple ones to match the warm gray of the titanium.
LANG & HEYNE Friedrich II Remontoir The Lavish Attic Edition Technical Specifications
- Stainless Steel: EUR 59,600
- Rose Gold: EUR 63,900
- White Gold: EUR 66,700
- Platinum: EUR 74,500
- (All excl. VAT)
- Hour and minute indication,
- Eccentric second,
- Second hand stop mechanism
- Diameter: 14 ¼ lines (33 mm)
- Height: 4.9 mm
- Frequency: 18,000 semi-oscillations per hour
- Running time: 24/42 h (Remontoir / follow-on)
- Finesses: second hand stop mechanism, dead-beat small second, 24 rubies, 1 brilliant
- Movement: main plate, trigonal bridge, balance cock and lever bridge are made of titanium
- Screws: polished and flame purple manually
- Stainless steel
- Diameter/Height: 39.2 mm / 10.7 mm
- Water-resistant: up to 3 bar
- Two-part black enamel dial,
- Manufactured by using a completely new technology
- Arabic numerals, index 9 and second indexes are in red, rhombi filled with superluminova word “ENAMEL” in the small second
- Hands: lancet hands filled with superluminova
1 Trackback / Pingback