A new timepiece enters the Eberhard & Co. catalogue: the Scientigraf Chrono. The watch is a chronograph version of the famous anti-magnetic Scientigraf model launched in 1961, whose technical and aesthetic characteristics are enhanced by the presence of two counters.
The chronograph, like the “time only” version, is distinguished by the presence of a “Faraday cage” contained in the case: a structure made of soft iron that absorbs the electromagnetic waves of devices that are now ubiquitous in everyday life, thus protecting the movement of the watch, whose precision characteristics are not affected.
From an aesthetic point of view, the Scientigraf Chrono retains its retro appeal: on the black dial, the two counters stand out (decorated with a refined azuré finish) and the triangle element, which appears in many details (such as the hour markers, proposed in ivory or orange, or the tips of the hour and counter hands). The 41 mm steel case, which contains the Faraday cage, alternates between polished and satin-brushed finishes, while the screw-locked case-back bears the original design of the model launched in 1961, with the logo and inscription recalling the anti-magnetic tests carried out at the time in the dedicated facility in La Chaux-de-Fonds.
The Scientigraf Chrono is presented on a steel Chassis® bracelet with a 2CLICK® double push-button clasp, personalised with the brand’s emblematic shield.
Eberhard & Co. Scientigraf Chrono Technical Specifications
- 31077.01 Salesprice EUR 4.280,
- 31077.02 Salesprice EUR 4.280,
- ETA 2894-2,
- 28.800 Ah,
- 42h power reserve,
- self‐winding mechanical chronograph,
- 30 minute‐ counter at 9 o’clock,
- continuous seconds at 3 o’clock,
- central chronograph seconds hand.
- in steel, with polished and satin finishes. The case hosts a metal cage, especially designed to protect the mechanical movement from the influence of magnetic fields.
- Case diameter: 41,00 mm
- Case Thickness: 13,55 mm
- Lug width: 20,00 mm
- Push buttons: in steel, polished.
- Caseback: in steel, screw‐on, customised with the 1961 drawing inspired by magnetic fields with “E” at the centre.
- Bezel: in steel, polished.
- Water‐resistance: 50 m
- Crown: screw‐on, water‐resistant, customised with an “E”.
- Glass: domed, sculpted sapphire, provided with antireflective treatment to the inner surface.
- galbé, black dégradé, Arabic numerals with 12 and 6 in white, triangular indexes with vintage ivory luminescence. Counters with azuré finishing.
- galbé, black dégradé, Arabic numerals with 12 and 6 in white, triangular indexes with orange luminescence. Counters with azuré finishing.
- Hands: with vintage ivory or orange luminescence.
- Hour hand featuring the original triangular tip; baton shape minute hand.
- Triangular-tipped counter hands; central chronograph seconds hand with customised shape.
- steel Chassis® with the two‐buttons clasp 2CLICK® customised with the Maison’s shield emblem.
EBERHARD & CO. Swiss watchmaking Maison with over 135 years of history, founded in 1887 in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Eberhard & Co. represents excellence and innovation, of which the company has made its own trademark without sacrificing its deep connection with origins and tradition. The history of Eberhard & Co. is marked by unique creations, such as the Chrono 4, the 8 JOURS, the Tazio Nuvolari collection, the Extrafort, the Gilda women’s collection, up to the reissues of famous models of the 50s and 60s, Scafograf and Contograf. The brand’s achievements have been numerous: from the creation of its first wrist chronograph in 1919, to the revolutionary Chrono 4, the first chronograph with four aligned sub dials exclusive patent of Eberhard & Co. In 2019, the Maison inaugurated the Eberhard & Co. Museum in La Chaux-de-Fonds, inside the Maison de L’Aigle, the historic building built by the founder Georges-Lucien Eberhard at the beginning of the 20th century.