SEVENFRIDAY SF-M1B/02 “EL CHARRO”: They were Mexico’s swashbuckling heroes whose fighting skills, horsemanship and sheer bravery inspired SEVENFRIDAY’s latest timepiece – welcome the M1B/02 a.k.a “El Charro”!
And if putting bandits out of their misery wasn’t enough, these hybrid cowboys from yesteryear looked pretty damn fine too, helping to drive the design of the “El Charro” with of course, our signature 7F twist.
Part of our popular “M-Series”, the new piece uses patterns and materials synonymous with the “El Charro” attire, making sure it’s packed with cool, cultural and fun design nods for those who like something a little different.
Paying homage to the traditional craftsmanship of the Mexican artisan, other features include an animation ring presented in exclusive natural horn material with decorated and engraved horse saddle inspiring the strap and buckle.
Bold design elements include the Calavera Mexican skull featured on the hour disc and the aged case mimics the metal features of an “El Charro” and his sturdy companion’s wears.
The piece also includes pops of bright green to mirror the cactus with signature “gun vs. cactus” engraved on the underside chip disc.
Limited to 450 pieces globally. Priced at 1,550 USD/CHF and 1,372 Euro.
SEVENFRIDAY SF-M1B/02 “EL CHARRO” Technical Specifications
• 7 layers construction dial (multi-level principle)
• 1st layer (bottom): Support plate meant to raise the whole dial
over the hand fitting stems
• 2nd and 3rd layer: Gunmetal plate holding the pistol engraving pattern, framed over by a rhodium vertically brushed plate carrying 4 polished screws
• 4th layer: Black matt plate with an ec polished pattern
• 5th layer: Vertically brushed rhodium arch plate, framing the hour and minute time reading window
• 6th layer: Vertically brushed rhodium plate with black relief printed SEVENFRIDAY logo
• 7th layer: Horizontally brushed rhodium rectangular plate at the centre, framing the running second time reading window Polished ornamental horse saddle tack
• HOURS: Largest black and “cactus” green disc on the left side window, turning clockwise. Mexican skull displayed at 12H. Pointer: Red marker at 9H
• MINUTES: Smaller black and “cactus” green disc on the left side window. Pointer: Red marker close to the centre large screw
• SECONDS: Black spinning line (on green background) turning clockwise, moving along the rectangular window at the centre (from 0 to 60)
• 3 pieces construction
• Polished stainless steel (316L) case; aged-metal bezel with a grooved line, polished personalized caseback
• Animation ring in genuine natural horn
• Polished specific ornamental stainless steel (316L) crown
• Hardened K1 mineral glass, one-layer anti-reflective coating
• Size: 47,6mm (W) x 47mm (H)
• Water Resistance: 3ATM – Splash/Rain Resistant, no diving
• Automatic movement: Customized Miyota 8215
• Frequency: 21’600 Beats per hour
• Tolerance: Approx. +/-20 sec per day
• Brown aged and cracked genuine leather. Double layered, off-white stitching, large ornamental horse saddle tack
• Red genuine leather lining with specific Mexican skull pattern (same as on the hour disc at 12H)
• Tapered from 28mm (case side) to 24mm (buckle side)
• Aged stainless steel (316L) with specific engraved pistol pattern
• NFC chip on caseback below round cover, exclusive Cactus Vs Pistol design for “El Charro”
• NFC chip in connection with the official SEVENFRIDAY APP allows verification & registration of the watch