It wasn’t too long ago when bankers all over the world faced a common problem: How do you sync your trades with all the major markets across Asia, Europe and the US? Inspired by the frustrations of a banker client, Franck Muller decided to address this conundrum by creating the Master Banker, a watch that allows you to set and view three time zones at a single glance – Franck Muller Master Banker Asia Exclusive.
From the Master of Complications comes an audacious creation that reinvents the concept of multi-time zone watches. First unveiled in 1996, Franck Muller’s Master Banker was born from the frustrations of a banker who wanted immediate visibility on three trading time zones.
Wanting to offer a watch that would show more than just three separate hour hands, Franck Muller ingeniously devised a timepiece with three independent time displays.
This year, Franck Muller builds on the Master Banker’s legacy with the new Cintrée Curvex Master Banker Asia Exclusive—a regional exclusive showcasing the signature three-time zone complication housed within Franck Muller’s iconic case. With a new profile, this timepiece sets forward Franck Muller’s technical ingenuity once more
The Franck Muller Cintrée Curvex Master Banker Asia Exclusive’s technical sophistication is matched by its elegance. A horological tool for on-the-go bankers and the discerning jet set, the watch flaunts a beautiful brushed sunray finish dial underneath its domed sapphire crystal, and its iconic case is available in a choice of 18k rose gold, stainless steel, or hand-polished blackened steel.
Offered in seven vibrant colour combinations, with a choice of two sizes—36.00mm x 50.40mm (Ref. 7880) and 39.60mm x 55.40mm (Ref. 8880)—this boardroom-ready wrist statement is primed to make an impression both at home and abroad.
Two decades on, the Franck Muller MVD 2800-MBSC automatic movement’s famed functionality continues to shine. The local time is told by the central hour, minute and seconds hands, while the aperture at eight o’clock reveals the date synchronised to the local time. Elsewhere, two sub-dials at twelve and six o’clock represent the actual times in the second and third time zones.
Franck Muller Master Banker Asia Exclusive Technical Specifications
- Hours, Minutes, Seconds,
- Double time zones
- MVD FM 2800-MBSC
- Self-winding movement with bidirectional rotor system
- Power reserve of 42 hours
- 82 components
- 21 jewels
- Diameter: Ø 26.20 mm .Thickness : 7.45 mm
- Balance wheel frequency set at 28,800 alternations per hour
- Côtes de Genève and brushing “soleil papier” on the bridges and the rotor
- Circular graining on the two sides of the main plate
- Chamfering of the bridges
- 24k gold bath and rhodium plating of the components
- 24k gold finish on the written engravings
- Circular brushing of the rotor ball bearing
- Brushing “soleil papier” on the barrel
- Polishing at 45° and brushing”soleil”of the ratchet
- Polished and blued screws
- Stamped guilloché with sun pattern
- 20 layers of translucent lacquer
Bracelet & Buckle
- Hand sewn alligator strap
- Hand polished buckle