Inspired by automotive competition, the Franck Muller Vanguard™ Racing Skeleton collection calls in for a stylish engine-turned skeletonized movement.
As cars tuned for races, the engineers and designers of Franck Muller have reshaped the entire movement to enhance its weight and display properties. Designed with features that recall the motorsport engines, the automatic movement and the frame structure of the Vanguard Racing Skeleton have been significantly lightened. In this dynamic, technical materials such as carbon fiber, titanium and aluminum have been chosen.
The Vanguard Racing Skeleton features hours, minutes, seconds and date. The central seconds counter, thanks to a smoked sapphire glass, provides an accurate display while allowing great visibility of the movement. The seconds indications start from the bottom instead of the top as in an automobile rev counter, allowing the owner to read the seconds from both ends of the hand. The white hand with red tip and the bicolor second indications further reinforce the idea of a rev counter, making you want to push the hand into the red zone. To further accentuate the skeleton design, the date numbers have also been fully skeletonized.
The strap is subtly integrated into the case with the help of two unseen screws, instead of the regular spring-bar technique. The rubber inside the strap effortlessly takes the shape of the wrist, combining comfort and aesthetics, while the Alcantara® suede reminds the covering of a sports car cockpit.
Designed for competition, remarkably elegant and deliberately sporty, the entire Vanguard™ Racing Skeleton line is available in 18k rose gold, stainless steel, titanium and carbon.
Franck Muller Vanguard™ Racing Skeleton Technical Specifications
Inspired by automotive competition, the Vanguard™ Racing Skeleton collection calls in for pure and stylish engine-turned aesthetics.
- V 45 SC DT RACING SQT (ER)
- Vanguard case
- Red ergal inserts on both sides of the case
- Width: 44 mm x Length: 53.7 mm x Height: 12.7 mm
- Sapphire crystal
- Water-resistant up to 30 meters
- Skeleton dial with applied indexes and Arabic numerals meticulously painted and applied by hand
- Hours, minutes, seconds and date at 6 o’clock
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- Ø 25.60 mm x Height 3.60 mm
- 28’800 vibrations / hour
- 42 hours power reserve
- 158 components
- 21 jewels
- Côtes de Genève and sunray brushing on the bridges
- Skeletonized oscillating weight
- Côtes de Genève on the bottom plate
- Diamond polishing on the bridges
- 24k gold bath, rhodium treatment and black PVD treatment
- 45 ° polishing and sunray brushing on the ratchet
- Hand-sewn Alcantara® suede
- Brushed folding buckle
- Titanium with black PVD treatment