Florence, June 2022 – Gerald Charles celebrates 70 years of the elegant and historic Florentine boutique Ugo Piccini with a limited edition watch: Gerald Charles Maestro GC2.0 Ultra-Thin UP Ugo Piccini Special Edition.
The Maison introduces the Maestro GC2.0 Ultra-Thin UP, a 70-piece special edition for the 70th anniversary of the family-owned watch and jewellery boutique that sits in the heart of Florence, Ugo Piccini.
The watch was created in collaboration with boutique founder Ugo Piccini’s grandson and heir Edoardo Piccini, and is the product of a year-long passion project between two family-owned businesses defined by craftsmanship and artistry.
Together Mr Piccini and Maison Gerald Charles chose to make the watch accessible to international Gerald Charles other partner retailers, so as to share the great story of the Piccini family. This unique and special watch is already fully pre-ordered.
Ugo Piccini is renowned for being one of Florence’s most creative and most enticing watch and jewellery destinations, and for the bespoke jewellery crafted by its expert goldsmiths. Founded in 1952, it’s located on Via Por Santa Maria, the bustling cobbled street that leads onto the iconic Ponte Vecchio, only moments away from Piazza Della Signoria and Palazzo Pitti, once home to Florence’s most important family, the Medici.
The Maestro GC2.0 Ultra-Thin UP’s ice-blue dial and vulcanised rubber strap were inspired by the colour of the shimmering waters in the Arno River that flow under the historic Ponte Vecchio bridge on beautiful summer days. As light catches the sunburst finish, the dial reflects a rainbow of light blue hues, just like the water. In warm light, it has a deep, rich light blue look; in cool light, the dial has darker light blue reflections. This playful, charming effect was created by Gerald Charles’s highly skilled artisans, who applied several layers of colour to the dial using the finest Swiss dial manufacturing techniques.
Inside the watch is the ultra-thin GCA3002 automatic calibre, developed in partnership between Gerald Charles’s watchmakers and the specialist movement creator Vaucher Manufacture Fleurier. The polished stainless-steel watch is just 8.7mm thick and, like every contemporary Gerald Charles watch, is water-resistant to 100 metres.
Gerald Charles Maestro GC2.0 Ultra-Thin UP Ugo Piccini Special Edition Technical Specifications
- Ultra-thin automatic ref. GCA3002,
- developed with Vaucher Manufacture Fleurier,
- 3.7mm thickness,
- 189 components,
- 28 rubies,
- 28,800vph, (4hz),
- 50-hour power reserve from twin barrels, anti-shock system,
- Incabloc® stop-second system,
- bi-directional rotating rotor with ceramic ball bearing,
- hours, minutes and central seconds, date at 6 o’clock,
- circular-grained and Côtes de Genève decoration
- Polished stainless steel,
- 39mm x 41.7mm x 8.7mm,
- screw-down stainless steel crown with Clous de Paris finish and embossed logo,
- anti-glare sapphire crystal,
- stainless steel case back with anti-glare sapphire crystal, water-resistant to 100m
- Sunburst ice-blue,
- numerals, hour and minute hands and indexes filled with Super-LumiNova®
- Ice-blue vulcanised rubber,
- Clous de Paris finish to top side,
- Gerald Charles logo tapisserie to rear,
- polished stainless buckle with Gerald Charles logo
- Four years (following Smart Warranty registration)