Soon will start the 29th Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie. This will be held at Geneva between 14th and 17th January 2019. Until this major event will start, I decide to remember some of the pieces presented last year, at SIHH 2018. The first piece will be the Girard-Perregaux Minute Repeater Tri-Axial Tourbillon Reference 99830-21-000-BA6A. I reviewed this piece for Deployant here.
Girard-Perregaux Minute Repeater Tri-Axial Tourbillon is a nice proposal. The relatively big case with domed box sapphires on top and bottom looks good on the wrist. The titanium case contributes to the comfortable wrist feel.
The finishes are great. The integration of the tri-axial tourbillon with the Girard’s Perregaux specific bridge is no less than superb. The poor legibility from videos is just partly true. On the wrist, I had no issue with it. Maybe more difficult is the time reading on two displays/subdials.
My only wish – maybe a polished crown would be more appealing. Otherwise, a magnificent piece: modern materials and a great design, lovely finishes, stunning feel on the wrist.
Girard-Perregaux Minute Repeater Tri-Axial Tourbillon Specification and Price
Reference 99830-21-000-BA6A has a price of CHF425,000 (incl. VAT) or US$420,000.
- Calibre: GP09560-0001
- Type: Mechanical with manual winding
- Dimension: Ø 7.50mm (16,1/2 ‘’’), 17.32mm height
- Number of components: 518
- Jewels: 53
- Frequency: 21.600vph / 3Hz
- Power Reserve: 60 hours
- Functions: Tri-axial tourbillon, minute repeater, hours, minutes; Triple-axis tourbillon; Tourbillon cage made of 140 components with a weight of 1.24 g.
- Dimensions: Ø 48mm, 21.30mm height
- Crystal: Sapphire anti-reflective ‘box-type’
- Case-back: Sapphire crystal ‘box-type’
- Water resistance: 30m, 3atm
- Counters at 9 and 3 o’clock displaying respectively the hours and minutes thanks to two sapphire rings
- Hands: ‘Dauphine’ type, skeletonized
- Material: Hand-stitched black alligator
- Buckle: Titanium triple folding buckle