Love brings a very special magic to our lives. It transcends time and space with a playful ease, it inspires great works of art and the most sincere gestures. The new limited Lady Serenade, which Glashütte Original is now presenting on the occasion of the forthcoming Valentine’s Day, is dedicated to this unmatched force and its creative potential. Exquisite materials such as diamonds and mother-of-pearl combine with rose-coloured hues in this piece with its gentle yet unwavering heartbeat. This limited Valentine’s Day edition of the Lady Serenade is a timeless ode to this most precious of feelings.
A consummate work of art
The engineers and designers at Glashütte Original have designed this new ladies’ watch with the same care and dedication a poet uses to write their verse. Every component has been selected with great attention to detail and carefully matched to one another. Rosy shades contrast with a magical shimmer and the sparkle of brilliant-cut diamonds. It is framed by a polished stainless steel case with a 36 mm diameter, the bezel of which is adorned with 52 brilliant-cut diamonds. These are complemented by a brilliant on the crown, which gives the watch the aesthetics of an elegant piece of jewellery. As with any work of art, this feminine timepiece is a true rarity: Only 50 pieces are available worldwide.
The colours of love
The dial on the Lady Serenade is an exquisite composition, standing testament to the great expertise and intuition in the German watch manufacturer’s ateliers. The ultra-thin, white mother-of-pearl dial is adorned with five large, gracefully curved Arabic numerals and six slim indexes. They have been carefully printed on the front and back of the dial in shades that create a delicate colour gradient from magenta to rose to violet. This elaborate printing technique gives the dial radiance and depth: Depending on the angle from which the numerals and indices are viewed, the coloured background appears or disappears. The date display at 6 o’clock is in matching violet on a white background. This colour family is also complemented by the wonderful Louisiana alligator leather strap in rose blossom red. Alternatively, the watch is also available with a classic metal bracelet.
A rhythmic heartbeat
Even if love makes you lose track of time, you can always rely on the Lady Serenade. Its beating heart is the manufactory calibre 39-22 with a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour. It not only delivers the highest mechanical precision, but also boasts the finest finishes, which echo the graceful exterior of the watch: Artistic, traditional decorations such as the Glashütte stripe finish and elaborate circular graining can be admired through the sapphire crystal case-back, along with the signature Glashütte features: the three-quarter plate, the swan-neck fine adjustment and the skeletonised rotor with the Double-G logo of Glashütte Original.
Glashütte Original Lady Serenade Valentine’s Day 2024 Limited Edition Technical Specifications
- 1-39-22-22-22-04 (leather strap, fold fastener) – 12,200 EUR
- 1-39-22-22-22-44 (leather strap, pin buckle) – 11,800 EUR
- 1-39-22-22-22-70 (stainless steel bracelet)
- Limited edition: 50 pieces
- Automatic movement calibre 39-22, finely finished
- Jewels: 25
- Functions: Hour, minute, second (central), date
- Frequency: 28,800 A/h, corresponding to 4 Hz
- Stainless steel
- Water resistance: 5 bar
- Dimensions: 36 mm diameter
- 10.2 mm height
- 41.02 mm lug to lug
- Diamonds: VVS
- crown: one diamond (0.1 carat), brilliant-cut,
- bezel: 52 diamonds (1.09 total carat weight), brilliant-cut
- Glass: Sapphire crystal, anti-reflective on both sides
- Case back: Sapphire crystal
- White mother-of-pearl, printed on both sides,
- Numerals and indexes framed with colour gradients of rose and violet,
- Violet date on a white background
- Hands: White gold
- Rose blossom red Louisiana alligator leather
- Fold fastener or pin buckle or stainless steel bracelet with fine adjustment mechanism
Proud to be the Original. #PTBTO