The Greubel Forsey GMT Sport returns in a new rendition in 5N red gold, bestowing upon this exceptional creation a delicate balance of nobility and strength of character. This limited edition is a spectacular evolution that just 11 collectors will have the opportunity to discover first hand.
An ergonomic timepiece draped in red gold
For this new creation, Greubel Forsey has once again taken on a daring challenge, that of a powerful aesthetic statement: a design predominantly in red gold that, for the first time, adorns the case and the globe. Greubel Forsey is stepping off the beaten track by unveiling a new, ultra-contemporary and ergonomic timepiece with a strong and noble character developed by the use of red gold, covering not only the case but also one of its most essential components. The case, with its unique profile, is another particularity of the GMT Sport, and the key to its ergonomic wear. For an immediately eye-catching design, Greubel Forsey has chosen to construct the caseband from titanium, a material renowned for its lightweight and resistance to impacts and scratches. This red gold/titanium combination appears on the crown, pushers and folding clasp.
The case naturally hugs the shape of any wrist thanks to its totally integrated strap. The case back rests on the wrist while the vanishing lines of the case provide a perfect transition into the strap. As for the dial side, the GMT Sport’s bezel further enhances its natural curvature thanks to its elliptical shape, which is especially delicate to produce, all while making sure that the sapphire crystal follows with as much rigour as fluidity. The red gold really makes the case shine, illuminating it with new brilliance. This new livery emphasises the red gold’s warm tones which are enhanced by darker elements such as the hands, bridges, GMT dial display and strap. This combination provides unprecedented contrast and perfect readability of the dial’s indications: a central hours and minutes, second time zone at 10 o’clock, power reserve indicator at 3 o’clock and globe at 8 o’clock.
Back to the roots
This creation is also available with a blue globe, a nod to the very first GMT Sport, unveiled two years ago and which is now completely sold out. This exclusive combination pairs an ultra-contemporary movement with an ultra-ergonomic case, fitted to the wrist with a rubber strap. This edition will also be limited to 11 pieces.
The world at your wrist – and in real time
Together, these two variations offer a new means of expression for two flagship Greubel Forsey complications. Their 3rd invention, the Tourbillon 24 Secondes is positioned between 12 o’clock and 2 o’clock. With its cage inclined at a 25° angle and completing a full rotation in 24 seconds, the Tourbillon 24 Secondes provides superior chronometric performance – in addition to the truly unique visual effect. Then, the terrestrial globe placed between 7 o’clock and 9 o’clock. More than any other, it embodies the three-dimensional time display championed by Greubel Forsey. Thanks to this invention which executes a complete rotation in 24 hours, universal time can be read easily, quickly and intuitively.
Seen from above the North Pole, a ring with 24- hour markings allows the local time to be read for all longitudes while also acting as a day/night indication. On the caseback side, a disc displaying city names surrounded by 2 rings allows the wearer to read UTC Universal and Summer Time for 24 cities in 24 major time zones. It also distinguishes those time zones applying summer time (on a light background) from those who don’t (on a dark background).
The new GMT Sport – a bold aesthetic choice from the Atelier, signed Greubel Forsey.
Greubel Forsey GMT Sport Technical Specifications
- Hand-wound movement with 3 patents / Patents pending
- 2nd time zone
- rotating globe with universal time and day-and-night
- universal time on 24 time zones
- summer and wintertime
- cities observing summer time
- GMT and Earth pushers
- Tourbillon 24 Secondes
- hours and minutes
- small seconds
- 435 parts
- 63 jewels / Olived-domed jewels in gold chatons
- Chronometric power reserve: 72 hours
- Frequency: 21’600 vibrations/hour
- 3rd invention: Tourbillon inclined at a 25° angle, 24-seconds rotation
- In 18k 5N red gold with curved synthetic sapphire crystal, titanium caseband
- Three-dimensional, variable geometry-shaped bezel with raised engraved text
- Diameter: 42,00mm (caseband) and 45,00mm (bezel)
- Height: 15,70mm (case) et 17,80mm (synthetic sapphire crystals)
- Water-resistant 10atm – 100m – 328ft
Dial & Indications
- Dial side:
- Three-dimensional, variable geometry hour-ring
- GMT indicator, power-reserve indicator and Tourbillon rotation indicator
- Rotating globe with fixed day-and-night UTC indicator
- Movement side:
- Synthetic sapphire disc displaying city names surrounded by 2 rings
- “Summer time” plate with limitation number
Strap & Clasp
- Rubber with text in relief
- 18k 5N red gold and titanium folding clasp, engraved GF logo
Greubel Forsey GMT Sport Gallery