H. Moser & Cie. is proud to join the fight against Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy by participating for the third time in the Charity Auction organised by the Monegasque Association against Muscular Dystrophy through the Only Watch campaign. To mark the occasion, the Schaffhausen-based Manufacture has created a unique piece, in a poetic tribute to the lunar body: the Endeavour Perpetual Moon Concept Only Watch. The dial on this model is made from Vantablack®, a super-black coating that holds the world record as the darkest man-made substance. It is composed of carbon nanotubes that are vertically aligned next to each other and is capable of absorbing 99.965% of light. Fascinating and mysterious, the Endeavour Perpetual Moon Concept Only Watch reinterprets the moon phase in an understated and resolutely modern way, highlighting the beauty of the moon in an ode to its purity.
On November 9th, 2019, Geneva will host the eighth Only Watch charity auction, with proceeds donated to research into Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. H. Moser & Cie. wanted to support this campaign once more with the donation of a unique piece, the Endeavour Perpetual Moon Concept Only Watch. Symbolising life, the perpetual and constantly renewed cycle of the lunar body in all its beauty and poetry, this creation pays tribute to the moon in a large window at 6 o’clock. Surrounding it is only space, as the Endeavour Perpetual Moon Only Watch is part of H. Moser & Cie.’s Concept series, without logo or indices. The dial, made from Vantablack®, accentuates this impression, giving the sensation of looking into a real black hole at its centre out of which the moon shines.
Within the 5N red gold case of the Endeavour Perpetual Moon Concept Only Watch beats the HMC 801 hand-wound Manufacture movement, equipped with the interchangeable Moser escapement. This calibre ensures the watch has a minimum 7-day power reserve, with an indicator on the movement side. The moon phase system is an extremely precise display that can be set to within a minute. A perpetual moon, the Endeavour Perpetual Moon Concept Only Watch is one of the most precise moon phases available, with one day’s deviation every 1027 years.
The Endeavour Perpetual Moon Concept Only Watch will be on display in Monaco during the Monaco Yacht Show, which takes place between September 25thand 28th, 2019. The Only Watch 2019 collection will then go on tour in Dubai, Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taipei, and, finally, Geneva, from November 7th to 9th, 2019.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS – ENDEAVOUR PERPETUAL MOON CONCEPT ONLY WATCH
Reference 1801-0401, 18-carat 5N red gold, Vantablack® dial, black alligator leather strap, unique piece
- 18-carat 5N red gold
- Diameter: 42.0 mm, height: 12.9 mm
- Sapphire crystal
- Crown adorned with an “M”
- Leaf-shaped hour and minute hands
- Centre seconds and AM/PM hands
- Moon phase window
- Hand-wound HMC 801 Manufacture calibre
- Diameter: 34.0 mm or 15 lignes, height: 6.5 mm
- Frequency: 18,000 Vib/h
- 28 jewels and screwed gold mounts
- Power reserve: minimum 7-day with a double barrel
- Bevelled ring and Moser teeth for all wheels and pinions
- Interchangeable Moser escapement
- Original Straumann® Hairspring
- Traditional screw balance wheel with gold adjusting screws
- Red balance bridge
- Gold escapement wheel and pallet fork
- Hours and minutes
- Central seconds hand with hacking seconds
- AM/PM indicator – indices 12 to 6 o’clock representing AM and 7 to 11 o’clock representing PM
- Very large moon phase display window
- Power reserve indicator on movement side
- Moon phase adjuster push-button on the case flank
- Hand-stitched black alligator strap, lined with red leather
- 18-carat 5N red gold pin buckle engraved with the Moser logo
Be the first to comment