The Hermès H08 watch, with its sporty spirit and urban allure, echoes the brand’s masculine universe. Its multifaceted nature is expressed through four vibrantly-coloured new models.
Created in 2021, the Hermès H08 watch features a blend of rigorous discipline and high standards. Hovering between tension and fluidity, this contemporary signature, with its assertive style, is an object that is all about balance and contrast. Its multiple facets are reflected in a play on shapes and materials. Meticulous attention to detail and accurate skills forge a character as sporty as it is elegant. The vitality and sensuality of its lines reveal a singular aesthetic, featuring a circular dial with an original font housed in a square case with softened edges.
Designed by Philippe Delhotal, Creative Director of Hermès Horloger, the Hermès H08 watch combines textures with minerality, deep shades and colourful touches, uncluttered geometrical lines, along with a matt or shiny finish. This recent creation welcomes variations in luminous shades of yellow, green, blue or orange.
The cushion-shaped case is fashioned from a block of composite. This light and sturdy material, with its unique appearance, is composed of braided and aluminised glass fibre and slate powder. This natural pigment gives it subtle silvery reflections against which the black ceramic bezel and crown stand out, creating light and shade effects that highlight the depth of the concrete-coloured dial with its finely grained finish, punctuated by luminescent black hands and applied Arabic numerals.
Touches of yellow, green, blue or orange on the watch-glass seal, the minutes track and the varnished seconds hand accentuate the clarity of this display, powered by a Manufacture Hermès H1837 mechanical self-winding movement. Secured by a black DLC-treated titanium folding clasp, a rubber strap with a structured “woven” effect matches the colours of each model.
Hermès Horloger – Hermès H08 Technical Specifications
- Hours, minutes, seconds, date between 4 and 5 o’clock
- Manufacture Hermès movement H1837
- Mechanical self-winding movement
- Crafted in Switzerland
- Diameter: 26 mm (11 ½’’’)
- Thickness: 3.7 mm
- 193 components, 28 jewels
- 50-hour power reserve
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4Hz)
- Decoration: circular-grained and snailed mainplate.
- Satin-brushed bridges and oscillating weight.
- Special Hermès decoration (sprinkling of Hs)
- 39 x 39 mm, cushion-shaped
- Braided and aluminised glass fibre and slate powder
- composite case
- Satin-brushed black ceramic bezel with mirror-polished chamfer
- Polished black ceramic crown
- Anti-glare sapphire crystal; metallic smoked sapphire
- case-back crystal
- Water-resistant to 10 bar
- Varnished and finely grained concrete-coloured dial
- Silica composite hour-markers coated with Super-LumiNova®
- White and Blue / Green / Yellow / Orange transferred minutes track
- Black-gold hands
- Blue / Green / Yellow / Orange-varnished seconds hand
- Blue / Green / Yellow / Orange rubber
Hermès creates objects. Objects shaped by the hands of artisans to make them true companions for those who wear them. Practical, functional and stemming from uncompromising expertise, they radiate the lightness of the unexpected. They make everyday life their playground and each instant a uniquely special moment.
For Hermès, time is also an object. Its inherent tension is translated by the house into a singular characteristic. Rather than measuring, ordering, and seeking to control it, Hermès dares to explore another time, designed to arouse emotions, open up interludes and create spaces for spontaneity and recreation.