In 2023 Holthinrichs Watches will celebrate 2 anniversaries: 10 years of pioneering in 3D metal printing and the lustrum of 3D printing in precious metals. The brand’s team marks the beginning of this festive year with the launch of a Specialty series of 10 timepieces: 5 executed in stainless steel 316L and 5 in solid 18K rose gold. The independent is proud and happy to present the Holthinrichs Ornament 1 – Malachite!
Celebrating Holthinrichs Watches 5+5 anniversary
In 2013 Michiel developed the idea of designing and creating his first watch after years of collecting and restoring vintage timepieces. The pursuit for architectural and sculptural design lead him to a deep investigation into 3D metal printing. Five years later, Ornament 1 saw the light and the brand Holthinrichs Watches was born. This O1 Specialty pays tribute to our venture into 3D printing and the Ornament 1 with its ground-breaking and iconic skeleton design.
This anniversary model captures our love and deep respect for pure materials, textural play and natural patinas into one exceptional design. Malachite is a mineral that naturally forms above copper deposits deep in the earth. We’ve selected this precious copper carbonate hydroxide as the base material for the in-house made dial, to bring our obsession with copper patina dials to the next level. The petrification of this green gemstone takes centuries, which makes Malachite the ultimate representative of time, longevity and durability. Ancient luxury.
The Ornament 1 – Malachite features an in-house made dial, in which the sub-seconds register is opened up allowing a glimpse into the beating heart of the watch: our HW-R01 hand-wound calibre. We have cut the 0.5mm stone plate using precise laser technology and placed a handmade marker ring as an attractive window frame.
The Specialty’s movement is based on our manually finished HW-R01, using a new old stock Peseux 7001 mechanism and featuring our signature design bridges. This extra attention is put into the mainplate being skeletonized and finished by hand to expose the gear train through the dial.
The hands are handmade out of durable stainless spring steel, brushed top surfaces and strong polished bevels provide heavy textural contrast and good legibility. Both models feature a steel or gold finishing of the hands and seconds marker ring to match the colour and material of the steel or gold cases.
Holthinrichs Ornament 1 – Malachite Technical Specifications
- Calibre HW-R01S, based in Peseux 7001 gear train.
- Featuring our in-house bridge design and extensive manual finishing.
- Finishing: embossed edges, contrasting finishing, handmade anglage with two inward angles, black polished screws and crown wheel core and double snailing pattern on the ratchet wheel
Case & Dial
- 3D printed stainless steel or 18K solid rose gold.
- Diameter: 38mm
- Thickness: 9.9mm
- Lug-to-lug size: 47mm
- Dial: In-house made natural malachite with openworked subseconds dial and of-white pad-printing
- Hands: Handmade stainless steel, brushed top, hand-polished bevels
- Crystal front: Double domed sapphire with an inside anti-reflective coating
- Crystal back: Sapphire
- Green Teju lizard leather
- Stainless steel €9.500,- (excluding VAT)
- 18K rose gold €23.000,- (excluding VAT)
The Holthinrichs Watches Ornament 1 – Malachite is a limited series. All timepieces are numbered by material and upon request, we offer additional personalisation in the caseback.
Be the first to comment