Moment by moment, element by element, the red H5 by HYT raises the curtain on the theatre of fluid time. Just as fire puts its own dramatic slant on natural erosion, the colour of life’s elixir is a powerful narrator of the ongoing transition between the past and future – HYT H5 Red Fluid.
Three-dimensionality and transparency from the trusted design language of this 25-piece limited edition. As the red liquid flows through the ultra-fine capillary, life’s story continues.
The unity of diversity
Horologically speaking, the heart of the matter is the HYT propriety 501 calibre. This multi-layered system is the result of groundbreaking mechanical and fluidic innovation. Layer by layer, time’s true substance is revealed. Apparent opposites attract in the H5 and form a union to enable the visualization of time’s constant motion. A hand-winding unit sets a perfectly consistent pace. It releases exactly the right quantity of energy for the red and the clear immiscible liquids to show the recent past and near future respectively. This mesmerizing theatre can be enjoyed via a see-through sapphire case back. The sophisticated cam presents thirteen possibilities for adjusting and indexing the hour and minute indications so that they always operate as a seamless whole. An over-sized, curved lever connects the movement’s collaborating elements. This orchestrates a complex chain reaction. The masterful 501 presses against a regulating bellow four times thinner than a human hair to start the next twelve-hour chapter of time’s unfolding story.
Transience shows its true colours
The red core theme of the new H5 finds the perfect visual protagonists in the predominantly anthracite, silver and black colour scheme of the case and dial. An extra touch of dynamic vitality comes from distinctive white Super-LumiNova® touches. The detailed view made possible by the domed sapphire glass invites the eye to take in and contemplate each component as it proudly displays its contribution to the shared task of reflecting time’s passage. Fluidity looks to be here to stay.
HYT H5 Red Fluid Technical Specifications
Reference H02248 – Limited edition 25 pieces
- Red fluidic hours
- Minutes, seconds, power reserve
- Stainless steel, anthracite DLC coating, satin finishes
- Diameter: 48.8mm
- Height: 20.08mm
- Stainless steel crown
- Domed sapphire crystal
- Screwed case-back, sapphire crystal, “one of twenty-five” print
- Water-resistant to 50 meters
HYT’s exclusive patented micro-fluidic module:
- Borosilicate glass capillary tube, nano-coating interior
- Multi-layer metal bellows
- Two immiscible liquids; one transparent, the other one colored with a highly resistant dye
- Thermal compensator with dedicated bellow and specific liquid
- High-tech ceramic fluidic restrictors
- Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive caliber
- 28,800 Vph, 4 Hz, 41 jewels
- Rhodium thinly-sandblasted bridges
- 65-hour power reserve
- Transmission between movement and fluidic module by conversion of rotation into linear movement using a cam-follower system
- Isostatic connection of the fluidic system guaranteed by a trident
- Anthracite neoralite hour ring with white Super-LumiNova®
- Rhodium hour flange with black numerals
- White Super-LumiNova® rail under the capillary
- Minute counter with black index and numerals, black minute hand with white Super-LumiNova®
- Seconds flange with black hand
- Power reserve flange with black hand
- Red rubber, titanium folding buckle, anthracite DLC coating
What makes us flow
Once upon a time, philosophy set science in motion. It was 2012. The setting was a digital world, where time on demand had become the new, and precariously temporary, happy ending. Every single second of the day. But if time gains meaning through the content its owner gives it, why continually dispose of it in this way? That is the question HYT answers. This radical watch creator turned to advanced technology to measure what matters: time’s insuppressible flow. Overcoming the force of gravity, they set out to visualize the intrinsic motion of time using liquids. To trace the journey through past, present and future that makes up life itself. Their happy ending is a continual new beginning. HYT succeeded in enabling soon to become now, always.
Each HYT timepiece is a seamless, harmonious union of science, art and design, born of the brand’s unique philosophy on time. A patented, mechanically driven fluidic module is the source of this world of possibility. Coloured and clear liquids trace the paths of elapsed and pending time. Their meeting point is the present, a constantly moving, beautifully suspended milestone. By showcasing time’s passage, every watch is an invitation to value what was, what is and what may be. Not for a second should we forget that, like a river, this vital flow can’t be stopped.
HYT tells time’s stories and these are always tales of the unexpected. Creative tension between craftsmanship and technology generates operational and esthetic energy. Radical transparency and three-dimensionality house miniscule detail. The bellows – with walls four times thinner than a human hair – act as time’s powerhouse. The serious business of time’s transience is given a playful wink and grin by a skull. Light acts as a key protagonist in a theatre of visual uniqueness… With HYT every day is flow time