Longines offers two new models inspired by historical pieces with the typical aesthetics of the regained freedom of the late 1940s. You can easily imagine it on the wrist of partygoers at jazz clubs. They have been nicknamed “Tuxedo” by collectors, the contrast of black and white on their dial reminds us of the suits worn during the elegant and festive evenings of the time – Longines Heritage Classic Tuxedo.
To respect the spirit of the original models, Longines has chosen here not to add the word “Automatic” on the dials. In keeping with the aim to create timepieces that are as faithful as possible to historical timepieces, there is also no date window on contemporary models, which are presented on semi-matt black leather straps, perfectly in keeping with the spirit of the era.
The Longines Heritage Classic – Tuxedo is available in two versions: a 3-hand model and a chronograph model.
The former stands out for the aesthetics of its dial, a typical and very popular design from the 1940s. An opaline silver disc surrounded by a sublime matt black circle of thin baton hands covered with Super-LumiNova®. The small seconds counter, located at 6 o’clock, is off-centre: this detail contributes to the charm of this 38.50 mm-diameter timepiece housing the exclusive L893.5 movement with its silicon balance spring, a guarantee of quality and precision.
The chronograph version displays matt black, opaline and midnight blue, colours as elegant as they are refined. Several zones feature on its dial, and a tachymetric scale – quite rare for a Longines watch – also enriches its circumference, just like on the original model. The Longines Heritage Classic Chronograph – Tuxedo houses in its 40.00 mm-diameter case a movement (calibre L895.5) developed exclusively for Longines Heritage timepieces. It is also equipped with a silicon balance spring.
With its two new models in contrasting black and white, The Longines Heritage Classic – Tuxedo brings us back to a colourful era that brought back parties!
Longines Heritage Classic Tuxedo Technical Specifications and Price
- L2.3126.96.36.199 – 2’850 €
- L2.8188.8.131.52 – 1’900 €
- Mechanical self-winding movements
- Calibre L893 (ETA A31.501)
- 11½ lines, 27 jewels, 25’200 vibrations per hours
- Power reserve: 64 hours
- Calibre L895 (ETA A31.L21)
- 12½ lines, 37 jewels, 28’800 vibrations per hours
- Power reserve: 54 hours
- Hours, minutes and small second at 6 o’clock
- Hours, minutes and small second at 3 o’clock
- Chronograph: central 60 seconds hand and 30 minutes counter at 9 o’clock
- Round, Ø 38.50 mm or 40.00 mm, stainless steel
- Silver opalin and black, 12 Arabic numerals with Super- LumiNova®
- Silver opalin and black, 10 Arabic numerals, tachometric scale
- Rhodium-plated with Super-LumiNova®
- Rhodium-plated and blued steel
- To 3 bar (30 meters)
- Sapphire box with several layers of anti-reflective coating
- Black leather with buckle
Be the first to comment