MB&F announced at the beginning of March their first ladies watch – the Legacy Machine FlyingT. I was thrilled to find the news and curious to see it in person. I got my chance during the Baselworld. And I was not disappointed. I mean, I already knew about it from the press release. But meet it in the wild was a glamorous experience. Since the press release was so well written, I found myself in the position that my words are not that meaningful. So I will just stick to make some personal comments in the caption of the images. Enjoy!
MB&F Legacy Machine FlyingT
The FlyingT is one of the latest addition in the Legacy Machine Collection. It was designed and intended as a lady’s watch but it seems a lot of gentlemen were impressed by it. Below, a short hands-on clip from Baselworld 2019.
I would recommend opening the pictures on a bigger screen for a better view of the details.
MB&F Legacy Machine FlyingT Technical Specifications and Price
Launch editions in diamond-set, 18k white gold cases
- Three-dimensional vertical architecture, automatic winding, conceived and developed in-house by MB&F
- Central flying 60-second tourbillon
- Power reserve: 100 hours
- Balance frequency: 2.5 Hz / 18,000 bph
- Three-dimensional sun winding rotor in 18k 5N+ red gold, titanium and platinum.
- Number of components: 280
- Number of jewels: 30
- Hours and minutes displayed on a 50° vertically titled dial with two blued serpentine hands.
- Two crowns: winding on left and time-setting on right
- Material: launch editions in 18k white gold and diamonds
- High domed sapphire crystal on top with anti-reflective coating on both sides, sapphire crystal on back.
- Dimensions: 38.5mm x 20mm
- Number of components: 17
- Water resistance: 30 m / 90’ / 3 atm
Black Lacquer edition
168 stones (120 on the case, 21 on the buckle, 1 on top of the tourbillon cage and 26 for the crowns). About 1.7ct.
Paved diamond-set edition:
558 stones (390 on the dial, 120 on the case, 21 on the buckle, 1 on top of the tourbillon cage and 26 for the crowns). About 3.5 ct.
Baguette diamonds edition:
294-baguette diamonds and 3 stones (134-baguette diamonds on the dial, 124-baguette diamonds on the case, 12-baguette diamonds on the buckle, 24-baguette diamonds and 2 stones for the crowns, 1 stone on top of the tourbillon cage). About 8.2 ct.
Strap & buckle
Calf or alligator leather straps available with 18k white gold pin buckle, set with diamonds
- Diamond-set case with black lacquer dial plate (CHF 108,000 / EUR 100,000 / USD 115,000 + VAT);
- Fully diamond-set case and dial plate (CHF 135,000 / EUR 125,000 / USD 145,000 + VAT);
- Fully baguette diamond-set case and dial plate (CHF 298,000 / EUR 278,000 / USD 315,000 + VAT).
For more information, please visit the MB&F Website.
If you wish one of the pictures in a higher definition for wall background or whatever, just let me know in comments and I will share it.