With its 1960s-inspired look, the Ocean Star Tribute is causing a sensation with a magnificent new khaki colour. The collection pays homage to the marine world and to Mido’s water-resistance expertise, which has been renowned since the 1930s and earned the brand its ‘King of Waterproof’ nickname all those years ago. Its ‘glassbox’ style of sapphire crystal is a nod to the Mido watches from the 1960s, while the best of modern technology further enhances its performance. Super- LumiNova® ensures readability, its rotating bezel features a khaki aluminium ring, the movement is powered by the formidable Caliber 80, and the watch is waterresistant to 20 bar (200 m/660 ft). With this timepiece, lovers of diving watches can endlessly ride the vintage wave.
Continuing to explore seas
The new Ocean Star Tribute revives the legendary spirit of the diving watches of the 1960s. Its retro look brings the style of yesteryear to the wrist, with an ultra-resistant ‘glassbox’ sapphire crystal and a particularly sporty fabric strap with white stitching. Paired with this vintage air, the new highly contemporary khaki colour of the Ocean Star Tribute serves as a reminder that the adventure is happening right here, right now.
The Ocean Star Tribute’s round 40.5 mm case in fully polished steel adds shine to this inspiring and inspired watch. The dial is topped by a unidirectional rotating bezel featuring a khaki aluminium ring – a characteristic feature of its diving ancestry. To ensure perfect readability even in the ocean’s depths, the bezel, indexes and hands are adorned with white Super-LumiNova®. The hour and minute hands are flat diamond-cut, while the seconds hand is varnished in orange, the iconic Mido colour. Particularly useful in day-to-day life, the day and date are displayed in an aperture at 3 o’clock. An engraved polished starfish in relief, the historical symbol of the Ocean Star and its exceptional water-resistance, adorns the case back of this watch that promises a wealth of sporting emotions.
A vintage spirit for a contemporary mechanism
With an extremely reliable instrument on your wrist, you can slip across the seas with even greater peace of mind. The Ocean Star Tribute stands the test of time and the elements thanks to the Caliber 80, which offers exceptional autonomy of up to 80 hours and unfailing water-resistance up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m/660 ft).
Born to tame the tides, the Ocean Star Tribute takes its inspiring look from the diving watches of the 1960s, enhanced by a contemporary shade of khaki and modern technology.
Mido Ocean Star Tribute Ref. M026.830.18.091.00 Technical Specifications and Price
- Automatic Mido Caliber 80 (ETA C07.621 base),
- 11½’’’, Ø25.60 mm, height: 5.22 mm,
- 25 jewels,
- 21,600 vph.
- Finely decorated Elaboré-grade movement, oscillating weight decorated with Geneva stripes and the Mido logo.
- Functions: HMSD + day.
- Adjusted in 3 different positions for high accuracy.
- Up to 80 hours of power reserve.
- Polished stainless steel,
- unidirectional rotating bezel with khaki aluminium ring,
- white Super-LumiNova® dot at 12 o’clock,
- Ø40.5 mm, 2 pieces, box sapphire crystal,
- screwed crown and case back with polished starfish in relief,
- engraved serial number,
- water-resistant up to a pressure of 20 bar (200 m/660 ft).
Dial & Hands
- printed indexes with white Super-LumiNova®,
- day and date at 3 o’clock.
- Flat diamond-cut hour and minute hands with white Super- LumiNova®,
- orange varnished seconds hand with white Super-LumiNova®.
Strap & Buckle
- Green fabric strap with white stitching.
- Polished pin buckle embossed with the Mido logo.
- CHF870.00 / 850.00 €