Today we bid farewell to the 19-series with a distillation of the best of 19.01, 19.02 and 19.03 into a final edition of 15 watches – MING 19.05.
A watch of contrasts
The MING 19.05 has a new solid sapphire dial with inky black undercoat that shares the same ‘inversion’ with our other watches under various lighting conditions. However, it is the first 19-series to have indices and luminous material on the dial itself: the arcs previously lasered into the upper crystal are now cut into the dial and filled with ceramic Super-LumiNova X1 for enhanced brightness and definition. There is no hint of the very classical movement from the very modern dial side.
New movement, familiar finishing
The 19.05 is powered by the Schwarz-Etienne for MING Cal. ASE 200.1, in a unique configuration and micro-rotor winding. The movement features skeletonized bridges, a matte-blasted 5N rose gold coating, and hand-polished anglage. It has a power reserve of approximately 72 hours and is wound bidirectionally by a micro-rotor made of sintered tungsten. The signature MING skeletonized barrel cover allows for easy determination of the state of wind. As with the other 19-series watches, the movement is adjusted in five positions and tested for an extended period prior to delivery.
Tested construction and attention to detail
The 19.05’s case – a thin titanium band holding the two deep-box sapphire crystals together – is made from grade 5 titanium with a mixture of mirror-polished and finely brushed surfaces. It is once again constructed without a spacer ring for maximum rigidity.
Both external sapphire crystals carry double-sided antireflective coatings. Hands are skeletonized and loaded with Super-LumiNova X1, along with the luminous ring inside the bezel that projects a soft glow onto the dial. The 19.05 is completed by our Universal Bracelet in matching grade 5 titanium with curved quick release ends, a handmade strap from Jean Rousseau Paris and a leather travel pouch by Studio Koji Satto.
Availability, pricing and deliveries
The MING 19.05 is limited to 15 watches at CHF 9,950 with deliveries expected to begin early-May 2021. It is available to order immediately from www.ming.watch
MING 19.05 Technical Specifications
- hours and minutes,
- micro-rotor automatic winding
Case, dial & hands
- 39mm diameter, 10.9mm thickness, grade 5 titanium
- Double box sapphire crystal with double-sided antireflective coating
- Sapphire dial with ceramic Super-LumiNova X1
- Rear markings laser-etched into the sapphire crystal
- Polished bezel and lugs; finely brushed caseband
- Hands and dial ring with Super-LumiNova X1
- Rigid case without spacer rings
- 50m water resistance
- 20mm lug width
- Schwarz-Etienne for MING Cal. ASE200.1
- Partial skeletonization with 5N rose gold coating and bead blasted bridges
- Hand polished anglage
- Hacking function
- ~72h power reserve at full wind
- Bidirectional automatic winding with high-mass tungsten micro-rotor
- Movement adjusted to five positions
- 1x calf leather strap by Jean Rosseau Paris, with quick release and signed pin buckle
- 1x MING Universal Bracelet in grade 5 titanium, with curved quick release and concealed double deployant clasp
- Travel pouch handmade in Kuala Lumpur from vegetable tanned natural leather
- CHF 9,950 including insured shipping via DHL Express
Deliveries will commence May 2021
• 2-year warranty against defects
• Made in Switzerland
MING continually aims to improve product where possible to improve aesthetics and functionality; to this end we reserve the right to make minor changes prior to final delivery.