TUDOR is revisiting its established Glamour Double Date model, featuring a high-performance Manufacture Calibre visible through an open back, a redesigned middle case and new dials with refined details.
The Glamour line embodies TUDOR’s sense of elegance and its vision of the tradition of fine watchmaking. Throughout its history, TUDOR has offered a diverse collection within the dress watch segment. With this in mind, the new Glamour Double Date model displays subtle lines, a wealth of detail, and superior manufacturing quality. Measuring 42 mm in diameter, available in steel or steel and yellow gold with a choice of bracelets in genuine alligator, steel or steel and gold, the Glamour Double Date model is distinguished by its versatile elegance and the performance of its Manufacture Calibre, the finishes of which are visible through a transparent background, a rare occurrence at TUDOR.
A SPIRIT OF DESIGN
The design of the Glamour Double Date model is the result of TUDOR’s attention to detail, for which it is renowned. The double bezel has a slight drop creating a characteristic relief and gently extends the curves of the polished steel case. The edges present an encompassing line. The angles they draw refine them and work together with the bezel to give the Glamour Double Date model a noble and refined look. The design is striking while remaining true to its function and to what TUDOR watches have become known for robustness, waterproofness and precision.
A VARIETY OF OPTIONS
The Glamour Double Date model dial is available in silver, black, champagne-colour, or opaline white. It has two concentric rings. The central medallion is adorned with thin straight vertical gadrooning. Their texture subtly catches the light without dominating the watch face. The outer ring has a sunray finish and is punctuated by elongated diamond-shaped hour markers. Their geometry echoes that of the calendar. Located at 12 o’clock, it is made of a large double window, which is fully horizontal and adds to the elegance of this Glamour model. At 6 o’clock, a small second beats time on a snailed background.
THE MANUFACTURE CALIBRE MT5641
A new Manufacture Calibre has been developed by TUDOR for this new Glamour model; MT5641. For the first time, a TUDOR Manufacture Calibre has a small seconds hand at 6 o’clock as well as a double date function at 12 o’clock. Date change at midnight is instantaneous; changes are made by directly adjusting the crown.
The Calibre MT5641 has the typical appearance and finish of TUDOR Manufacture Calibres. Its openwork rotor is satin-brushed with sand-blasted details and its bridges and plate have alternate polished sand-blasted surfaces and laser decorations. Its build is designed for robustness, longevity and reliability, as is its variable inertia balance held by a solid double anchor bridge. Coupled with a non-magnetic silicon spiral, the MT5641 Calibre is certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC), with a precision going beyond the criteria of the institution of -2 +4 seconds per day. The 70-hour power reserve means that a wearer can take off their Glamour Double Date watch on Friday evening and put it back on again on Monday morning without having to wind it.
TUDOR Glamour Double Date Specifications
- 42 mm steel case with polished finish
- Open back with sapphire crystal
- Steel or steel and yellow gold double bezel with a polished finish
- Steel or yellow gold screw-down winding crown with the TUDOR logo engraved
- Silver with yellow gold-plated hour markers, black with rhodium-plated or yellow gold-plated hour markers, champagne colour with yellow gold-plated hour markers, or opaline with blued indices, with or without diamonds
- Central medallion with a gadrooned pattern, peripheral ring with sunray finish, snailed small seconds hand counter
- Baton-style, luminescent hour and minute hands
- Domed sapphire crystal
- Waterproof to 100 m (330 ft)
Steel or steel and yellow gold bracelet, 5 rows, polished centre links or matte brown alligator leather with folding clasp and steel safety clasp
- Manufacture Calibre MT5641 (COSC)
- Self-winding mechanical movement with a bi-directional rotor system
- Swiss Chronometer officially certified by the COSC (Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute)
- Hours and minutes in the centre, small seconds at 6 o’clock
- Large date in a double window at 12 o’clock
- Stop seconds for precise time setting
- Variable inertia balance, micro-adjustment by a screw
- Non-magnetic silicon balance spring
- Frequency: 28,800 beats/hour (4Hz)
- 33.8 mm
- 7.41 mm
- 32 jewels
- Approximately 70 hours
TUDOR is a Swiss watchmaking brand that offers mechanical watches with sophisticated style, proven reliability and an unparalleled relationship between quality and price. The origins of TUDOR date back to 1926, when ‘The Tudor’ was first registered as a brand on behalf of the founder of Rolex, Hans Wilsdorf. He created the Montres TUDOR SA company in 1946 to offer watches with the quality and dependability of a Rolex, at a more accessible price. Throughout their history, TUDOR watches have been chosen by the boldest adventurers and seasoned professionals alike. Today, the TUDOR collection includes emblematic models such as the Black Bay, Heritage, Pelagos, Glamour and 1926. Since 2015, it has offered Manufacture movements that are mechanical with multiple functions.
For more information visit the TUDOR Website.