An emblematic model from the Patrimony collection is adopting the midnight blue shade specially created for the line. The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony perpetual calendar ultra-thin watch beats to the rhythm of the legendary 1120 QP calibre, an ultra-thin self-winding movement. With its sleek lines embodying quintessential elegance, this version treats connoisseurs to unrivalled contemporary refinement.
The 1120 QP calibre developed and crafted by Vacheron Constantin drives the indications of the hours, minutes, moon phase at 6 o’clock and perpetual calendar with day of the week in a counter at 9 o’clock, date in a counter at 3 o’clock, as well as month and leap year on 48-month counters at 12 o’clock. Recognised by connoisseurs as one of the most iconic perpetual calendars on the market, it can cope with all the vagaries of the calendar without any corrections until March 1st 2100. Unlike simple calendars that require manual adjustment after each month of less than 31 days, the perpetual calendar takes account of the leap-year cycle, with its 31, 30 or 28-day months and the quadrennial return of February 29th. In a final pleasing touch, the moon phase display, adorned in champlevé enamel whose colour is only revealed after ultra-precise firing at very high temperature (approx. 1000°C), evokes the beauty of life’s most beautiful nights.
The perpetual calendar complication requires miniaturisation prowess in that the movement must be mechanically adjusted to deal with calendar irregularities. This miniaturisation has been pushed to the limit in order to create an ultra-thin perpetual calendar, with Vacheron Constantin’s Calibre 1120 QP measuring a mere 4.05 mm thick. This feat of engineering with its openwork Maltese cross-shaped oscillating weight comprises no less than 276 components, finished in accordance with the highest standards of Haute Horlogerie. Performing a magical and mesmerising ballet, the latter proudly display their exceptional level of finishing through the transparent sapphire crystal caseback of the watch. Finally, the steady beating of its heart at a rate of 2.75 Hz (19,800 vibrations per hour) ensures the precision of the movement as well as its 40-hour power reserve.
Introduced with a pink gold case that makes a perfect match with the sunburst satin-finished blue shade of the dial, and equipped with a folding clasp, this watch naturally conveys the personality of its owner: a timelessly elegant aesthete who matches his appearance with the dark blue of the alligator leather strap, of which the back is also lined with the same leather in an ultimate touch of refinement.
Vacheron Constantin Patrimony perpetual calendar ultra-thin Specifications and Price
CALIBRE 1120 QP
- Developed and manufactured by Vacheron Constantin
- Mechanical, self-winding
- 29.6 mm (12½’’’) diameter, 4.05 mm thick
- Approximately 40 hours of power reserve
- 2.75 Hz (19,800 vibrations/hour)
- 276 components
- 36 jewels
- Hallmark of Geneva certified timepiece
- Hours, minutes
- Perpetual calendar (day of the week, date, 48-month display with leap year indication)
- Moon phase
- 18K 5N pink gold
- 41 mm diameter, 8.9 mm thick
- Transparent sapphire crystal caseback
- Water-resistance tested at a pressure of 3 bar (approx. 30 meters)
- Midnight blue with sunburst satin-finishing
- Convex external zone with circular “pearl” minute-track
- 18K 5N pink gold applied hour-markers
- Dark blue Mississippiensis alligator leather with alligator inner shell, tone-to-tone stitching, saddle-finish, large square scales
- 18K 5N pink gold folding clasp
- Polished half Maltese cross-shaped
- 79,000€ (Recommended retail price in Germany)
- 80,000€ (RSP in Austria)
- 80,500€ (RSP in The Netherlands & Czech Republic)
- 82,000€ (RSP price in The Netherlands & Poland)
- 83,000€ (RSP in Sweden)
For more information, please visit the Vacheron Constantin Website.