Introducing OMEGA’s Seamaster Diver 300M Nekton Edition: a dive watch on a mission to save the seas. In line with its pledge to make time for the planet, OMEGA is a proud partner of Nekton, a not-for-profit research foundation committed to protecting our oceans.
The vital work is already underway. ‘First Descent’, a series of missions to explore and conserve the Indian Ocean, which began in 2019, will resume next year – with OMEGA in a strong supporting role.
Each mission combines state of the art technology with inspirational public engagement. An approach greatly admired by OMEGA’s President and CEO Mr. Raynald Aeschlimann, who sees clear parallels with Nekton and the watch company he leads.
“Our friends at Nekton are protecting the ocean with the global goal of 30% protection by 2030. As a pioneering brand with a long history of pushing at the boundaries of what is possible, we have the utmost respect for this bold, confident vision and we’re thrilled to help make the goal a reality“.
OMEGA’s Diver 300M is the most appropriate watch to represent the partnership. The famous Seamaster has played a key role in OMEGA’s ocean story. A legacy acknowledged by the team at Nekton, who dubbed their research submersible Seamaster 2, in tribute to the boat skippered by the late Sir. Peter Blake. The legendary round-the-world yachtsman was a passionate advocate of ocean conservation and a close friend of OMEGA.
The Nekton Edition features a laser-ablated black ceramic [ZrO2] dial, matt finished with polished waves in positive relief, and unidirectional rotating bezel in grade 5 titanium with laser ablated diving scale in positive relief.
As a tribute to the hard-working foundation, the oriented caseback features an embossed Nekton submarine medallion and is engraved with NAIADLOCK, DIVER 300M and the watch’s water resistance.
Driving the Nekton Edition is the Master Chronometer Calibre 8806 with special luxury finish, Geneva waves in arabesque and rhodium-plated rotor and bridges. Certified by METAS it can resist magnetic fields of 15,000 gauss.
Two models are available. One with an integrated black rubber strap with polished-brushed buckle to complement the black ceramic dial. Another with a stainless steel bracelet to give the Diver a dressier look.
OMEGA’s Master Chronometer certified Nekton Edition is a stylish way to support a very worthwhile cause. To purchase the watch is to play a part in the protection of the world’s oceans.
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M Nekton Edition Technical Specifications and Price
- 126.96.36.199.01.002 – Steel on a rubber strap, 5.260,00 € – Recommended retail price (incl. VAT)
- 188.8.131.52.01.002 – Steel on steel, 5.555,00 € – Recommended retail price (incl. VAT)
- Master Chronometer Certified
- Helium escape valve
- Screw-in crown
- Unidirectional rotating bezel
- Calibre: Omega 8806
- Self-winding movement with a Co-Axial escapement.
- Certified Master Chronometer, approved by METAS,
- Resistant to magnetic fields reaching 15,000 gauss.
- Free sprung-balance with silicon balance spring,
- Automatic winding in both directions.
- Special luxury finish with rhodium-plated rotor and bridges with Geneva waves in arabesque.
- Power reserve: 55 hours
Case & Dial
- Stainless Steel
- Diameter: 42 mm
- Dial colour: Black
- Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- Water resistance: 30 bar (300 metres / 1000 feet)