Oris has been experimenting with bronze in its diver’s watches for years now, for the first time, the independent Swiss watch company has given its highly competent Big Crown ProPilot Big Date fresh flair by casing it in bronze, too.
The warm tones of the new model come from its bronze case, fluted bezel and signature oversized crown, which are complemented by a deep black dial with printed golden indices. This is a true pilot’s watch, so the hands are filled with white Super LumiNova® and the applied hour markers made from solid Super LumiNova®, creating high contrast and first-class readability.
Finishing off the stylish look is a hard-wearing green Ventile® strap with Oris’s playful ‘ clasp, also in bronze, a device inspired by passenger aircraft seat belt buckles.
As with every Oris, inside the watch is a highly reliable Swiss Made mechanical movement. In this case, that movement is a precision automatic with an oversized ‘ date.
Oris Big Crown ProPilot Big Date Bronze Technical Specifications
Ref. No. 01 751 7761 3164-07 3 20 03BRLC
- Number Oris 751
- Dimensions Ø 32.20 mm, 14 1/4 inches
- Functions Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds, oversized date window at 3 o’clock, instantaneous date, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
- Winding Automatic
- Power reserve 38 hours
- Vibrations 4 Hz (28’800 A/h)
- Material Multi-piece bronze case
- Size 41.00 mm, 1.614 inches
- Height 12.4 mm
- Top glass Sapphire, domed on both sides, inside anti-reflective coating
- Case back Stainless steel, screwed, mineral glass
- Operating devices Bronze screw-in security crown
- Water-resistance 10 bar (100 m)
- Interhorn width 20 mm
- Design Black dial with applied white numerals and printed golden indices
- Luminous material Super-LumiNova®
- Numerals Applied
- Strap Green Ventile® strap with bronze ‘Lift’ folding clasp
Availability October 2021
Swiss retail price CHF 1’950