Panerai Luminor Marina DMLS PAM01662 – Panerai reinterprets the iconic Luminor Marina reinforcing its commitment in high-tech materials field.
The Luminor Marina DMLS – 44 mm (PAM01662), reflects the extraordinary balance by combining high-tech features with a sportier profile. The fundamental principle underlying the model is technical and aesthetic enhancement of its constituent materials. The effect is achieved with the mix of DMLS titanium and Carbotech ™, expression of Panerai know-how.
Surprisingly light and at the same time incredibly resilient, the case is made of titanium with Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) technology, a futuristic 3D printing process by which titanium powder, sintered by a high power fiber optic laser, takes a solid shape that grows 30 microns (0.03 mm) at a time. It is a one of a kind process because it can create a hollow cavity within.
This material, together with the equally advanced Carbotech ™, a carbon composite developed by the Panerai Laboratorio di Idee, used for the bezel, crown and lever of the Safety Lock crown protection bridge, opens up to a contemporary and openly unconventional aesthetic dimension. An unpolished anthracite dial with tone-on-tone SuperLumiNova ™ indexes and numbers, enhances the monochrome visual identity.
On the mechanical front, applying the P.9010 Caliber, a recurring presence in the history of Luminor Marina family, was a foregone conclusion. The self-winding movement measures just 6 mm thick and was entirely designed and developed by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel. It is equipped with a rapid time adjustment function that also changes the date and is supported by a 3-day power reserve supplied by a double-barrel.
Waterproof up to 30 bar (about 300 meters deep) the new Luminor Marina DMLS – 44 mm is accompanied by a black Panerai Sportech ™ strap with anthracite stitching. A second technical rubber strap, in black, completes the package, together with a specific screwdriver for its removal and for replacing the buckle.
Panerai Luminor Marina DMLS Technical Specifications
- Mechanical with automatic winding,
- Caliber P.9010,
- 13¾ lignes,
- 6 mm thick,
- 200 components,
- 31 jewels,
- 28,800 vibrations/hour,
- GlucydurTM balance,
- IncablocTM shockproof device,
- Two barrels.
- Entirely made by Panerai.
- Hours, minutes, small seconds,
- Three days.
- In sandblasted DMLS titanium, diameter 44 mm,
- Thickness 14.2.
- Carbotech bezel, crown and lever.
- Safety Lock crown protection device (protected by trademark) in sandblasted titanium.
- Sapphire crystal obtained from corundum.
- Screwed dodecagonal case back, in titanium with black DLC coating.
- Sandwich structure,
- Arabic numerals and indexes in gray Super-LumiNova™ with green luminescence.
- Seconds at 9 o’clock,
- Date at 3 o’clock.
- In Panerai Sportech™, black with anthracite stitching, with trapezoidal pin buckle in titanium with black DLC coating.
- Additional rubber strap, black.
30 bar (~300 meters).
- 15.000 € Incl. sales tax