The new Panerai Submersible Azzurro – 42 mm PAM01209 emerges as a professional diving instrument. A limited-edition model available exclusively online.
Having first built its reputation on mastery of the specialized diving watch category, Panerai returns to its origins with the development of a new professional instrument: Submersible Azzurro – 42 mm (PAM01209), made in only 500 pieces and available exclusively on the panerai.com eCommerce platform.
Developed to merge technical performance and substance with proven know-how, the new Submersible unifies its aesthetic and functional dimensions by displaying a fitting color on the opaque ceramic disc of the bezel: blue, a hue that instantly evokes the sea.
Since the very beginning, water has been the brand’s distinctive element and blue has been Italy’s unofficial national colour since its unification, a milestone reached just a few months after the opening of Giovanni Panerai’s first historic Florentine shop.
Calibrated to meet the demanding specifications required of watches intended to withstand extreme pressure, the new Submersible Azzurro – 42 mm features a unidirectional rotating bezel, screwed case back and the iconic bridge device to protect the crown. Luminescent indexes, hands and dots glow in a green-blue hue for ease of underwater legibility.
Developed to adhere to equally rigorous mechanical standards, the model employs the P.900 Caliber, designed and developed entirely by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel.
Accurate, resistant and high-performing, it is the first proprietary self-winding Panerai movement of its diameter and thickness (4.2 mm) to combine the date function and three-day power reserve.
Waterproof up to 30 bar (about 300 meters), the new Submersible Azzurro – 42 mm features a black rubber strap with a trapezoidal pin buckle in brushed steel.
A second strap in Sportech velcro black is also included, along with a tool for changing the straps and a screwdriver to remove the buckle.
Panerai Submersible Azzurro – 42 mm PAM01209 Technical Specifications
Reference PAM01209 – Ecommerce exclusive
- Hours, minutes, small seconds,
- Mechanical with automatic winding,
- Calibre P.900,
- 12½ lignes,
- 4.2 mm thick,
- 171 components,
- 23 jewels,
- 28,800 vibrations / hour,
- IncablocTM shockproof device,
- single barrel.
- Power reserve: 3 days.
- Entirely made by Panerai.
- Satin AISI 316L steel,
- diameter 42 mm,
- 13.22 mm thick.
- Unidirectional rotating bezel in brushed steel with matte blue ceramic ring with graduated scale.
- Safety Lock crown protection device (protected by trademark) in brushed steel.
- Sapphire crystal.
- Screwed caseback in steel.
- Water resistance: 30 bar (~300 meters).
- Matte black with luminescent indexes and points applied in white Super-LumiNovaTM with green-blue luminescence.
- Seconds at 9 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock.
- In black rubber with trapezoidal buckle Tin brushed steel.
- Additional strap in Sportech velcro black.
- 9.500 €, incl sales tax