Panerai continues its relentless pursuit of novel applications for materials. The next frontier is a new and unusual combination in the Submersible family: a professional diving watch with experimental aesthetics – Panerai Submersible Goldtech™ Orocarbo PAM01070.
The rare combination of innovation and tradition defies convention, Panerai expands the dimensions of its collection of diving instruments with an offering that combines two innovative materials for the first time: Panerai GoldtechTM and CarbotechTM. Though seemingly antithetical, the pairing is surprisingly complementary in the Submersible GoldtechTM – 44 mm (PAM01070).
Once again an exponent of the well tested 44 mm size, the new reference makes its distinctive character apparent through a balance between disciplined elegance and bold athleticism. Its personality is enhanced by a case made from Panerai GoldtechTM, a gold alloy with an intense and stable colour made possible by its significant copper content and enrichment with platinum.
The dial features applied indexes and satiné soleil decoration, an unconventional embellishment in the Submersible collection.
To break with the ordinary and accentuate the attitude of the model, a material was chosen to give shape and substance to functional components such as the bezel, crown and crown bridge lever. Known as CarbotechTM, this composite consists of overlapping carbon fibre sheets with alternating orientations (seven per millimetre), aggregated using controlled temperature and high pressure and fused with a late-generation polymer binder.
Conceived to realize its full potential in extreme conditions, and tailored to the specific requirements of diving, the Submersible GoldtechTM – 44 mm is configured as a highly reliable tool able to withstand high-pressure thanks to features like a unidirectional rotating bezel and screwed caseback. Luminescent indexes, hands and dots in green/blue are immediately legible underwater.
High-quality mechanics contribute to the model’s reliability, accuracy and precision, all functional contributions thanks to the P.900 Caliber. The next-generation movement was designed and developed entirely by the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel.
Notably for a watch of its diameter and thickness (4.2mm), it combines a date indication and three-day power reserve.
Water-resistant up to 30 bar (about 300 meters deep) the new Submersible GoldtechTM – 44 mm features a black rubber strap and a trapezoidal pin buckle in titanium with black DLC coating.
An additional strap composed of Panerai SportechTM in black with ecru stitching also accompanies the watch, along with a screwdriver for removing the buckle and a box made from recycled plastic.
Panerai Submersible Goldtech™ Orocarbo PAM01070 Technical Specifications and Price
- Hours, minutes, small seconds,
- Automatic mechanical, Caliber P.900,
- 12½ lignes,
- 4.2 mm thick,
- 171 components,
- 23 jewels,
- 28,800 vibrations/hour,
- Incabloc™ shockproof device,
- single barrel.
- Power reserve: 3 days
- Made entirely by Panerai.
- Satin Panerai GoldtechTM,
- diameter 44 mm,
- 13.35 mm thick.
- Monodirectional rotating bezel in CarbotechTM with graduated scale.
- Safety Lock crown protection device (protected by trademark) in satin Panerai GoldtechTM, crown and bridge lever in CarbotechTM. Sapphire crystal.
- Screwed dodecagonal case back, in titanium with black DLC coating.
- Water resistance: 30 bar (~300 meters)
- Black with satiné soleil decoration,
- luminescent applied indexes and dots in white Super-LumiNovaTM with green/blue luminescence.
- Seconds at 9 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock.
Strap & Buckle
- Black rubber with trapezoidal pin buckle in titanium with black DLC coating.
- Additional strap in Panerai SportechTM in black with ecru stitching.
- 29.000 €, INCL. SALES TAX