Stunning paradoxes stemming from progressive complications and disruptive materials. In 2018, the brand that dares to be rare hits new heights of creative transformation with the coming of the fierce dark knight to the hyperwatch segment. Enter the all-black Excalibur Quatuor Carbon, the ultimate paradox between a ‘heavyweight’ movement and a ‘featherlight’ ultra-modern timepiece.
Roger Dubuis Excalibur Quatuor Carbon – Convicted serial innovator
The Roger Dubuis ‘disruptive materials and progressive complications’ ethos has enabled it to acquire an international reputation as an avant-garde Maison perpetually on the look-out for pioneering technical developments and creative aesthetic options – as well as unexpected combinations of the two. Among other world firsts, this incubator of inventiveness and unparalleled technical prowess has given rise to the Quatuor calibre, Roger Dubuis’ revolutionary response to the challenges of gravity.
Stemming from seven years of R&D and protected by two patents, the Excalibur Quatuor with its four sprung balances set at 45-degree angles proudly symbolises the mechanical magic of one of the most innovative 21st century Manufactures. Today, Roger Dubuis remains one the only Maisons capable of mastering such a complicated calibre, entirely in keeping with the powerful movements and equally strong aesthetic codes of the Excalibur collection.
Roger Dubuis Excalibur Quatuor Carbon – Codebreaker extraordinaire
Since its creation in 2013, the robustly designed Excalibur Quatuor has rocked the watchmaking world in gold, titanium and silicon, while 2017 saw a world premiere version in state-of-the-art CarTech Micro-Melt BioDur CCMTM (® in the USA). Today, the brand that dares to be different catapults innovation to the next level by combining this iconic timepiece with a disruptive multi-layer carbon. Not to mention the fact that its dark good look comes with the added benefit of the bantam-weight nature of carbon which is over 60 per cent lighter than gold. The aggressive design of each case in this eight-piece limited edition is remarkable due to the manner in which the carbon is cut. Black, almost weightless and radiating an aura of effortless strength, the all-new Roger Dubuis Excalibur Quatuor Carbon is living proof of what happens when the true force of gravity is leveraged by a Manufacture renowned for mastering incredible technology.
Roger Dubuis Excalibur Quatuor Carbon Specification
Excalibur Quatuor – Made of multi-layered carbon, this Excalibur Quator is 60% lighter than the gold version for a better ergonomy.
- Excalibur Original Quatuor carbon – Skeleton quadruple sprung balances RD101SQ caliber – multi-layered carbon case – 48mm – Alligator strap – Black
- Excalibur Original is the perfect match between high watch-making technology and natural elegance. In this collection, movements are skeleted, giving them a sharp look, and the materials are chosen among the most luxurious and innovative selections.
- EXCLUSIVE RD101SQ SERIES: A revolutionary approach to compensate the effect of earth’s gravity. The four sprung balances work together and adjust instantly the gravity effects on the movement when the Tourbillon does it in one minute. As of today, Roger Dubuis is still the one of the only maison to be able to master such a complicated calibre.
- Type: Excalibur case
- Diameter: 48mm
- Material: multi-layered carbon
- Bezel: fluted multi-layered carbon bezel
- Crown: multi-layered carbon
- Glass: sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment and red metalization
- Case Back: titanium black DLC, sapphire crystal
- Type: Mechanical, manual-winding
- Caliber: RD101SQ Manufacture Roger Dubuis
- Functions: Hours, Minutes, 5 differentials and 4 sprung balances, power-reserve indicator
- Number of components: 590
- Frequency: 4×4 hz (115’200 vph)
- Power reserve: 40 hours
- 3 BAR (30m)
- Black carbon and red skeleton dial, 18K white gold hands with red tips
- Black soft barénia leather strap, red stitching
- Titanium black DLC, adjustable folding buckle
- Poinçon de Genève
About Roger Dubuis
The Roger Dubuis Excalibur and Velvet collections are distributed worldwide through an exclusive sales network and boutiques. The quest for excellence, the long search for the right gesture, as well as the development of unique skills are all defining characteristics of the Geneva-based Swiss Maison.