One look at the new Captain Cook bronze burgundy dial is all it takes to understand the grandeur of this timepiece. Rado is proud to present its new version of the Captain Cook bronze with the much-awaited burgundy high-tech ceramic bezel.
It is not unusual for Rado to make such striking material combinations, and the ‘The Master of Materials’ once again plays with a modern material like high-tech ceramic and the oldest material created by men – bronze.
The result is a timepiece that enamours with its brushed bronze case, bronze turning bezel with burgundy high-tech ceramic insert and laser engraved numbers and markers.
The burgundy sunray brushed dial clearly contrasts against the yellow gold-coloured applied indexes, but blends easily with the classic red-date display from Rado.
Its indexes, numbers, hands and markers are all powered with Super-LumiNova® that allows clear visibility in the dark, and whose looks remain almost untouched from the 1962 original Captain Cook, giving it a natural vintage look. However, diverging from the original, this timepiece is powered with the 11½ Rado calibre 763 movement providing 80 hours power reserve.
Red tones are known to be the hardest to be replicated in ceramics, and even more, a challenge to be used in watches, that now the watchmaker from Lengnau can add to its many materials’ achievements.
The Captain Cook Bronze Burgundy fulfils all the requirements of a Rado watch, pioneering durable materials, striking design and high functionality that will last a lifetime.
Rado is known as the Master of Materials for the way it has revolutionised traditional watchmaking, leading the industry by introducing high-tech ceramic, an ultra-light high-tech ceramic, colourful high-tech ceramic and Ceramos to its design-led collections. An award-winning designer with numerous prestigious international prizes to its name, and considered the most forward-thinking design player in the watch industry today, Rado has always been a pioneer and leader, setting the standard and raising the bar.
Rado Captain Cook Bronze Burgundy Automatic Technical Specifications and Price
- 11½ Rado calibre 763,
- 25 jewels,
- 3 hands,
- red printed date at 3 o’clock,
- up to 80 hours power reserve
- Brushed bronze (CuAl) case
- Bronze (CuAl) turning bezel with polished burgundy high-tech ceramic insert with laser engraved numbers and markers filled with white Super-LumiNova®
- Circular brushed titanium screw-down case back with 3 stamped seahorses
- Polished bronze (CuAl) screw-down crown
- Box-shaped sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Water-resistant to 30 bar (300m)
- Burgundy, sunray
- Yellow gold coloured applied indexes with vintage look coloured Super-LumiNova®
- Yellow gold coloured moving anchor symbol with synthetic ruby backplate
- White printed Rado and Captain Cook logos, 300m/1000ft
- Hands: Yellow gold coloured with vintage look white Super-LumiNova®
- Burgundy textile NATO style strap with gold coloured centre line
- Brushed bronze (CuAl) pin buckle and loops
- Easy Clip system
- 2.620 €