As any respectable independent maison, Romain Gauthier is customising its timepieces for the selected clientele. So is the case the Insight Micro-Rotor Squelette Special Orders. Today, the Vallée de Joux brand is delighting us with two exceptional pieces in platinum and red gold. Please read below the official release.
Precious metal or titanium “Special Orders” available through Manufacture Romain Gauthier or its retailers
Insight Micro-Rotor Squelette can also be requested as a “Special Order” in a 39.5mm precious metal or natural or black DLC Grade 5 titanium case, either directly via the brand or through Romain Gauthier retailers. To fuel our imaginations, Romain has created two Special Order examples featured here.
One is in 18k red gold featuring an oven-fired black enamel dial greyed by hand-frosting with white and gilded dial accents, complemented by 18k red gold hands; mainplate and bridges bevelled, softened and smoothed by hand, then matte-finished; and gilded micro-rotor, plaquettes and balance wheel. It is fitted with a grey, natural rubber strap with 18k red gold pin buckle.
The other example is in 950 platinum featuring an oven-fired, satin-blue enamel dial made in house by Romain’s wife Ana Gauthier, with white dial accents, accompanied by 18k white gold hands; bridges and mainplate bevelled, softened, smoothed and polished by hand; and rhodium-treated micro-rotor, plaquettes and balance wheel. It is accompanied by a navy-blue alligator leather strap with 18k white gold pin buckle.
Elements that collectors or retailers can customise include the material of the case; final finishing to the bridges and mainplate (hand-polished or matte-finished bevels); colour of the dial and dial accents; material and colour of the hands; colour of the plaquettes and their engravings; and the material and colour of the strap.
Romain Gauthier Insight Micro-Rotor Squelette Technical Specifications and Price
Insight Micro-Rotor Squelette Special Orders
Features and indications
- Off-centre hours, minutes and small seconds
- In-house, automatic movement
- Superlatively hand-finished, skeletonised mainplate and bridges in natural titanium
- 22k gold bidirectional micro-rotor
- Double mainspring barrel in series giving 80-hour power reserve
- 39.5mm precious metal or natural or black DLC Grade 5 titanium case
- Available through Manufacture Romain Gauthier or its retailers
Dial and hands
- Oven-fired enamel dial
- Skeletonised hour and minute hands
- Solid small seconds hand
- Finishing of the dial, material of the hands, colour of the hands and dial accents customisable
Movement and finishing
- Dimensions: 32.1mm x 6.8mm
- Power reserve: 80 hours
- Number of jewels: 33
- Number of components: 206
- Balance frequency: 28,800 vph / 4Hz
- Components in: 22k gold micro-rotor, titanium, steel, stainless steel, beryllium copper, brass and German silver
- Choice of final finishing to the bridges and mainplate (hand-polished or matte-finished bevels)
- Colour of plaquettes and plaquette engravings customisable
- Material: 18k red gold, 18k white gold, 950 platinum or natural or black DLC Grade 5 titanium
- Dimensions: 39.5mm x 12.9mm at highest point
- Water resistance: 50m/5atm/170ft
- Sapphire crystal with interior anti-reflection coating, front and display back
- Crown for manual winding and time-setting at 2 o’clock
Strap and buckle
- Natural rubber strap or alligator leather strap hand-stitched in Switzerland, colour customisable
- Pin or deployant buckle
- Buckle in material to match case, except for platinum case which is accompanied by 18k white gold buckle
- Insight Micro-Rotor Squelette Special Order in 950 platinum with hand-polished bevels on the bridges: CHF 148’000 excluding taxes
- Insight Micro-Rotor Squelette Special Order in 18k red gold with matte-finished bevels on the bridges: CHF 108’000 excluding taxes