Schwarz Etienne is pleased to unveil the FIJI Floral Seconds Joaillerie. This new ladies’ model features an 18-carat rose gold case embellished with 512 diamonds. A further 236 diamonds grace the dial, bestowing a notable sense of glamour and luxury. The FIJI Floral Collection was reviewed here with the Joaillerie models being presented in the prototype phase.
The Schwarz Etienne FIJI Floral Seconds Joaillerie is the latest addition to the successful Fiji collection. Housed in a warm 18-carat rose gold case, enriched with 512 diamonds, this new creation also features 236 diamonds on its dial.
Unlike many ladies’ watches which are often scaled down versions of men’s models, the FIJI collection was intended for feminine wrists from the outset. Indeed, it was designed by a woman for a woman. Its resultant appearance is feminine and notably glamorous.
The dial is dressed in a sultry shade of black. Sinuous golden hands, lined with Super-LumiNova, express meaning with clear tone. At the centre of the dial, a bewitching sea of diamonds ensnares light and seduces onlookers. The black hour track is adorned with golden drop-shaped indexes, save for noon where Arabic numerals are employed.
Upholding the design language of previous versions of the FIJI Floral Seconds, this new model features the company’s innovative small seconds display. An oversized index is positioned at 6 o’clock, emanates from the centre of an animated floral display. This feature is comprised of an openwork lattice structure, sat atop a rotating grey disc. As the disc rotates, it delivers a dynamic depiction of a flower repeatedly coming into bloom.
The FIJI Floral Seconds Joaillerie is equipped with the Schwarz Etienne calibre ASE 200. This movement is of a modular design, allowing the company to add further complications in the future should it wish to do so. A lone spring barrel delivers an impressive 86 hours of autonomous operation. The micro-rotor automatically winds the mainspring while sitting flush with the adjacent bridges, mitigating the thickness of the movement.
Throughout its history, Schwarz Etienne has been known for crafting movements to an exalted standard and the calibre ASE 200 proves no exception. The 3-bridge design incorporates guillochage, while perlage adorns the base plate. Lastly, the balance bridge features a sunray motif emanating from the balance’s anti-shock device. The beauty of the movement can be fully appreciated courtesy of the model’s sapphire caseback.
Touch often conveys a sense of luxury and this is apparent with the FIJI Floral Seconds Joaillerie. The grip on the crown is slightly spaced from the caseband, allowing ease of manipulation without the fear of chipping painted nails. The crown’s curvaceous profile is embellished with eight diamonds, adding to the overall sense of luxury.
Similar to the movement design, the case embraces the notion of modularity. The 3-part case (bezel, caseband and caseback) forms a capsule which is mounted within a separate cradle. This latter component, which incorporates the lugs, affixes to the capsule with four screws in steadfast union. By adopting this innovative construction method, Schwarz Etienne is able to combine differently styled parts, providing the company with incredible creative freedom.
The Schwarz Etienne FIJI Floral Seconds Joaillerie is supplied with two straps, one in gold glittering black alligator and the other in metallized chocolate coloured leather. Each strap is sumptuously lined in a contrasting shade of bronze. The model is thoughtfully presented in a luxurious Noleti® handbag, executed in burgundy-coloured python.
Whether attending a black tie event or simply relaxing friends attired in a jeans and T-shirt ensemble, the Schwarz Etienne FIJI Floral Seconds Joaillerie will always ensure you are dressed to impress.
Schwarz Etienne FIJI Floral Seconds Joaillerie Technical Specifications
- Floral Seconds Joaillerie
- Hours, minutes
- Animated floral display
- Calibre: ASE 200.00
- Type: Manufactured automatic movement with micro-rotor
- Power reserve: 86 hours
- Frequency: 3 HZ (21’600 Alt/h)
- 5N red gold 18ct. (38 mm) with 512 diamonds VS (∅ 0,60 mm to 1,80 mm), 3,64ct
- Height: 10.76 mm
- Crown: 5N red gold 18ct (8 mm), with a diamond VS (∅ 1,80 mm) 0.02 ct and 7 diamonds VS (∅ 1,40 mm), 0,095ct
- Water resistance: 5 ATM / 50 m
- Brass dial, presented in black,
- Set with 236 diamonds VS (∅ 0,70 mm to 0,90 mm) 0,78ct,
- With gold-coloured drop-shape indexes
- Brass with golden rhodium treatment and Super-Luminova®
- Two straps supplied with each watch
- The first strap comes with a gold glittered black alligator strap
- The second strap comes with a metallized chocolate coloured leather strap
- Both straps are endowed with a bronze technological satin lining
- Two buckle supplied with each watch
- The first buckle comes with a 5N red gold 18ct pin buckle set with 54 diamonds VS ∅ 1,00 mm to 1,60 mm) 0,43ct, with Schwarz Etienne logo
- The second buckle comes with a stainless-steel pin buckle with golden treatment with the Schwarz Etienne logo