Laurent Ferrier’s favourite core expressions remain deeply rooted in the horological tradition of the 19th century. These shapes designed by Laurent Ferrier, all available in the Galet (pebble in French) lines are now entering a new era.
With the rectangular Bridge One, Laurent Ferrier marks the launch of a new caliber especially shaped for this new design but also marks the beginning of a new line inspired by the “Passerelle de l’Ile” a very famous bridge in Geneva, on which Laurent Ferrier had a breath-taking view from his room when he was a child.
A brand new case shape for a great wearer experience
The middle case is inspired by the pure line of the bridge, hence its name Bridge One. For this industrial inspiration, Laurent Ferrier chose stainless steel as a material. The non-straight shape of the lugs are part of the magic of this new case, providing an interesting perspective on the overall timepiece but also offering a perfect fit on the wrist and consequently a great sense of comfort.
The traditional ball-shaped winding-crown facilitates handling.
The originality of this exceptional case lies in the spherical sapphire. The sapphire is cut as if it was extracted from a dig crystal ball.
Additionally, the smoked effect due to the hue on the glass provides a sense of uniqueness to the piece.
Its water resistance is guaranteed to a depth of 30 metres.
Two SIHH special dials
Two lines are presented for SIHH 2019:
- an enamel Grand Feu white dial and slate grey enamelled Roman numerals without sub-dial for maximum readability,
- a grained slate grey dial with a raised XII marker at 12 o’clock and a sub-dial for a very textured feeling.
The 2 versions are swept over by “assegai-shaped” hour and minute hands, and a baton-type seconds hand for the slate grey dial.
The Bridge One is fitted with Honey Timberland leather or Honey alligator strap with Alcantara lining, secured by a pin buckle or a double blade folding clasp.
A brand new calibre
For this project, a new calibre needed to be designed to be housed in a rectangular case. The LF107.01 was born for this special occasion. Again, the horological values dear to Laurent Ferrier are fully respected. The manual winding movement with a Swiss lever escapement offers an 80 hours power reserve. The bridges are beautifully shaped and the level of finishing is consistent with all the other calibres of Laurent Ferrier’s collection.
Emphasis on the finishing
The sapphire crystal case-back of the Bridge One provides a fine view on the finesse of the finishing. In addition to the Côtes de Genève motif with a ruthenium treatment adorning the bridges and the circular-graining of the main-plate, the sides and interior angles are manually chamfered and the screw heads are polished.
• Manual winding calibre LF107.01
• Swiss lever escapement
• Balance screw
• Indications: hours, minutes, small second at 6 o´clock only for the slate grey dial
• Movement dimension: 22.20x30mm
• Thickness: 4.35mm
• Frequency: 3Hz (21’600 Alt/H)
• Power reserve: 80h
• Number of components: 137
• Number of jewels: 21
• Stainless steel
• Size: 30x44mm
• ‘’Ball-shaped’’ crown in stainless steel
• Tinted sapphire
• White Enamel Grand feu dial with slate grey enamelled roman numerals
• Grained slate grey dial with raised XII Roman numeral in white gold
• Small second at 6 o´clock only for the slate grey dial
• Hours and minutes: “Assegai-Shaped” in white gold
• Seconds: baton-shape in White Gold
• Honey alligator leather Alcantara lining or Honey timberland leather
• Pin buckle or folding clasp