The new Miss Audrey Sweet Art from BOVET 1822 uses a completely new material and a new process to create a dial that has never been seen before in watchmaking – One made from pure sugar.
The dial of a timepiece is its face, its window to the world, if you will. Whether you are attracted and intrigued or not is often linked to your impression of the dial first, followed by other details.
Over the course of watchmaking history, watch dials have been made of a number of different materials, all designed to stand out from the crowd. Precious metals, enamel, miniature painting, guilloche, engraving, mother-of-pearl, aventurine, skeleton – you name it and BOVET 1822, with almost 200 years of history, has probably used it for its dials.
The new Miss Audrey Sweet Art, however, uses a completely new material and a new process to create a dial that has never been seen before in watchmaking.
One made from pure sugar.
Representing sweetness and purity, the sugar crystals covering the dial of the Miss Audrey Sweet Art represents a breakthrough in engineering innovation, materials, and miniature painting – all hallmarks of the House of BOVET.
Born in the mind and heart of Mr. Pascal Raffy, the owner of the House of BOVET for 20 years this year, the Miss Audrey Sweet Art takes this material and transforms it – all with the goal of capturing the sweetness of love and the purity of a child’s carefree desire for confections.
The process of producing this dial is extraordinarily complex. First, the pure sugar crystals are prepared so their structure will not change when exposed to light or heat (no the sugar crystals will not melt). Then the sweet crystals are chosen for size, then combined with special paints and hand-applied to the dial by one of BOVET’s miniature painting artisans.
This demanding process, protected by a patent, leaves no room for error. One misstep and the entire process has to start again.
Thanks to its artisanal and hand-made nature, each and every dial is in effect a piece unique. A variety of colors are available, including solid hues as well as gradients.
The result is an intriguing mix of texture and sparkle, unlike any other dial ever produced in the watchmaking industry.
The special hands of the dial of the Sweet Art are a whimsical, romantic touch. Uniquely shaped, they form a beautiful heart once every hour, as the minute hand catches up to the hour hand, reminding the wearers of the loved ones in their lives.
Winner of the Ladies’ Watch category of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève 2020 (the watchmaking Oscars), the Miss Audrey model has captured the hearts of collectors all over the world.
The signature 36mm Fleurier Amadéo® convertible case is available in stainless steel hand-set with sparkling white diamonds. The unique and patented Amadéo® case can be transformed into a wristwatch, table clock, or pendant all without the use of any tool.
Powering the Miss Audrey Sweet Art is an automatic movement beating at 4Hz for exemplary chronometry.
At BOVET 1822, the measurement of time is a form of poetry, and the Miss Audrey Sweet Art represents a romantic look at fine watchmaking. Sugar is sweet, and so is the BOVET 1822 Miss Audrey Sweet Art.
Bovet Miss Audrey Sweet Art Technical Specifications and Price
- AS36024-SD12, black and blue gradient sugar crystals dial
- AS36025-SD12, black and green gradient sugar crystals dial
- AS36027-SD12, gold and pink gradient sugar crystals dial
- AS36028-SD12, blue and grey gradient sugar crystals dial
- Calibre 11BA15
- Type Self-winding
- Diameter 11 ½’’’
- Frequency 28,800 v/h Power reserve 42 hours Functions Hours, minutes, date
- Type: Amadéo® convertible system can be transformed into a wristwatch, table clock, or pendant all without the use of any tool
- Diameter: 36mm
- Thickness: 11mm
- Material: Stainless steel
- Setting: Bow and bezel set with 103 round-cut diamonds (~0.99ct)
- Crown and strap bolts set with sapphire cabochon (0.72ct) Strap Full-grain alligator
- Buckle: Stainless steel ardillon
- Necklace Pearl or rhodium-plated silver
- Water-resistance: 30 m
- Miniature painting with sugar crystals, in different colours at choice: purple, blue, black, grey, green, pink, yellow or a gradient of colours
- BOVET heart-shaped serpentine hands
- Convertible Amadéo® case
- CHF. 25’000.-