In these troubled times, safety and hygiene measures are stricter as ever. The severity of the situation imposed drastic measures for medical and emergency personnel. One of these measures is the removal of al the personal items like the jewellery (it makes sense) but also the very personal items like the wedding ring or the needed watch. For those outside the line of medical duty, a watch might seem trivial but the time measuring is mandatory for certain tasks: hearth pulse monitoring (the most obvious), the pulmonary rhythm and an incredible amount of tests that need a precise time measuring tool. The German brand released in 2017 one of the most usable tool watch to fit the needs of these critical times – the EZM 12 from Sinn Spezialuhren.
- Mission timer for public health – developed in collaboration with emergency physicians
- Simple cleaning and efficient disinfection thanks to special seals and fast assembly/disassembly of strap system and rotation bezel
- Count-up inner rotating bezel for quick and easy reading of the ‘platinum ten minutes’ and ‘golden hour’, as well as countdown outer rotating bezel
- Pulse rotor with pulse rotor scale for measuring heart rate
- Winner of the Red Dot Award 2019 and the German Design Award 2020
Simple cleaning and efficient disinfection of the strap system and rotating bezel, reliable monitoring of the ‘platinum ten minutes’ and the ‘golden hour’ thanks to the countdown outer rotating bezel, pulse rotor with pulse rotor scale for measuring heart rate – these properties set the award-winning EZM 12 from Sinn Spezialuhren apart from the competition. In terms of form and function, the mission timer has been developed in collaboration with doctors especially for emergency personnel on rescue operations. Furthermore, its functions and properties make it a key tool for anyone working in public health. The EZM 12 allows doctors to measure time reliably and precisely throughout their working day – without compromising on cleanliness and the ability to disinfect it properly. As such, the EZM 12 contributes to saving lives and protecting the health of both doctors and patients.
Hygiene ensured: simple cleaning, efficient disinfection
One of the special features of the EZM 12 particularly relevant to medical personnel is the ease of cleaning and disinfecting the watch, thanks to the quick and simple assembly and disassembly of the strap system and rotating bezel. Each component can be cleaned with disinfectants containing ethanol, propan-2-ol, propan-1-ol and N-alkyl aminopropyl glycine, such as Bacillol® 30 Foam. The silicone strap can also be removed without the use of tools. The rotating bezel is easily removed using the large screwdriver on the penknife provided.
Reliable, and no sharp edges
The EZM 12 is a reliable timepiece that has no sharp edges that could tear latex or nitrile gloves. Both crowns on the EZM 12 feature wide grooves, allowing even gloved hands to operate them easily.
Precise time measurement: the ‘platinum ten minutes’ and the ‘golden hour’
The EZM 12 is an instrument designed to allow doctors to easily monitor a one-hour time period. In emergency medicine, it frequently comes down to those platinum ten minutes and the golden hour, as they are known. Both time frames can be measured precisely with the inner rotating bezel on the EZM 12. A second rotating bezel on the outer edge provides a countdown option, allowing the effects of certain medications to be reliably monitored within a specific period. An integrated pulse scale measures the heart rate every 15 seconds thanks to the rotor-shaped second’s hand.
Winner of the Red Dot Award and the German Design Award
The EZM 12 won the Red Dot Award for product design in 2019. The jury found the special properties of the EZM 12 for emergency medicine to be functionally impressive. The EZM 12 went on to win a further accolade in 2020: the German Design Award for ‘Excellent Product Design 2020’. The watch’s outstanding form and function impressed the jury greatly.
About the company
The name Sinn Spezialuhren stands for highly functional mechanical timepieces used by pilots, divers, firefighters, emergency doctors, rescue workers, special units of the German police force such as the GSG 9, Germany’s commando frogman force KSM (Kommando Spezialkräfte der Marine) and the special unit of the German Central Customs Support Group ZUZ (Zentrale Unterstützungsgruppe Zoll). In particular, it is with technologies like DIAPAL, Ar-Dehumidifying Technology, HYDRO, TEGIMENT and Magnetic Field Protection that SINN watches continually show their durability, longevity, quality and precision both in everyday life and in extreme situations. During the development process, SINN Spezialuhren bases the design of its watches firmly on the required functionality.
Sinn Spezialuhren EZM 12 Technical Specifications and Price
- ETA 2836-2
- Self-winding mechanism
- 25 bearing jewels
- 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
- Seconds stop function
- Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
- Case made of stainless steel, bead-blasted
- Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
- Case back screw-fastened, nickel-free
- Meet the technical requirements for waterproofness, as set out in standard DIN 8310
- Pressure-resistant up to 20 bar
- Low pressure resistant
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- Date display
- Day of the week display
- Count-up inner rotating bezel for quick and easy reading of the platinum ten and golden hour
- Countdown outer rotating bezel
- Pulse rotor with pulse rotor scale for measuring heart rate
- Case made with TEGIMENT Technology and therefore especially scratch-resistant
- Bezel with Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
- Ar‑Dehumidifying Technology enhances functional reliability and freedom from fogging
- Temperature resistance technology, therefore functionally reliable at temperatures from minus 45 °C up to 80 °C
- Magnetic Field Protection up to 80,000 A/m
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 44 mm
- Band lug width: 22 mm
- Case thickness: 14 mm
- Weight without strap: 122 gramme
Dial and Hands
- Matte black dial
- Indices coated with luminescent colour
- Hour- and minute hand coated with luminescent colour
- 3 years
Price including silicone strap and pocketknife 3320.00 €