The opulent and extravagant Jacob&Co. continues the Mystery Tourbillon watch series with a sparkling multicoloured piece. The Mystery Tourbillon Arlequino by Jacob&Co. packs 41.54 carats of multicoloured sapphires and white diamonds having as central show the brand’s superb double triple-axis tourbillon.
Mystery watches, timepieces where the time indications seem to be floating over the dial, are part of the grand history of watchmaking, going back more than 100 years. It should come as no surprise high watchmaking and diamond jewellery house Jacob & Co. has brought the mystery back with contemporary high watchmaking and high jewellery twist.
The Mystery Tourbillon Arlequino combines high watchmaking, a world-first with two linked central, back-to-back triple-axis tourbillons, with high jewellery, as the case is invisibly set with baguette hexagonal multi-coloured sapphires and white diamonds. The dial is also set with hexagonal, “overlapping” multi-coloured sapphires and white diamonds. The sophisticated and ground-breaking Mystery was more than one year in development.
Twin triple-axis tourbillon
Powering this incredible timepiece are two of Jacob & Co.’s iconic triple-axis tourbillons, placed back-to-back. The first axis makes a full revolution in 60 seconds, while the second and third axes make a full revolution in two minutes. The power reserve for this high watchmaking movement is 60 hours.
The two mystery disks turn to indicate the time, rotating around the twin triple-axis tourbillons, linked by a single differential, set into the centre of the watch. This is a unique positioning, as most tourbillons are either set at the twelve or six o’clock position. This is the first time that Jacob & Co. has placed its two incredible triple-axis tourbillon movements in the centre of the watch, where they turn on three axes: the first axis in 60 seconds, and the second and third axes in two minutes.
The 50mm 18K white gold case is completely paved, and there is no crown. The watch is set and wound via two bows in the case back. The case of the Mystery Tourbillon Arlequino is invisibly set with baguette hexagonal diamonds and the dial is set with hexagonal, “overlapping” multicoloured sapphires and white diamonds. The hour disk is set with 143 Multicolored sapphires and 1 White Diamond (≈ 8.18 ct.) to show the hours. The minute ring is set with 119 multicoloured sapphires and 1 white diamond for the minutes’ indication.
The Mystery Tourbillon Arlequino by Jacob&Co. Technical Specifications
- Differential Double Triple Axis Tourbillon Cage:
• 1st Axis: in 1min
• 2nd Axis: in 2min
• 3rd Axis: in 2min
- Calibre: Manufacture Jacob&Co. Manual Winding JCAM32
- Diameter: 42.80mm
- Height: 15mm
- Components: 430
- Power Reserve: 60-Hours
- Frequency: 21’600 vib/h (3 Hz)
- Jewels: 68
- Decoration: 2 rubies on the tourbillon
- System: Double Triple Axis Tourbillon
- Shotblasted brass;
- Screws, Bridges and plates: Mirror polished;
- Barrels: Circular Graining
- Diameter: 50mm
- Thickness: 22.75mm
- Material: 18K White Gold
- Case Back: 18K White Gold
- Bows: Winding and Time-Setting via 18K White Gold lift-out rotating “bows” at case back
- Case, Lugs & Inner Ring: 18K White Gold; 312 Multicolored sapphires and White Diamonds (≈ 21.6 ct.);
- Crystal: Domed Sapphire with Anti-reflective Treatment;
- Water resistance: 30m (3atm)
Dial & Hands
- Minutes Ring: 119 Multicolored sapphires and 1 White Diamond (≈ 9.5 ct.);
- Hours Ring: 143 Multicolored sapphires and 1 White Diamond (≈ 8.18 ct.);
- Alligator strap;
- 18K White Gold Deployment Buckle set with 18 Baguette Multicolored Sapphires (≈ 2.2 ct.)
Total Carat Weight
- ≈ 41.54 ct.
- Pièce Unique