Ready, set, go: Roger Dubuis roars across the starting line to reveal the Maison is now the official timing partner of the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed. The new collaboration is set to whip up pleasure-seeking visitors with a series of unforgettable thrills and emotions. Roger Dubuis – the official timing partner of the Festival of Speed – introduces a new roaring timepiece – Excalibur Spider Huracán MB.
The hyper watchmaker already boasts two renowned partnerships within the motorsport’s universe, creating adrenaline-charged masterpieces with racing legend Lamborghini Squadra Corse and premium tyre expert Pirelli. Welcoming another partner to the fold with the Goodwood Festival of Speed is a natural next step. In honour of the new collaboration, Roger Dubuis is proud to unveil the Excalibur Spider Huracán Monobalancier (MB). Born to race, the new timepiece boasts an expressive blend of hyper materials and hyper mechanics.
Thrilling mechanics, raging performance
The new Excalibur Spider Huracán MB reflects the DNA of Lamborghini Squadra Corse combined with the horological excellence of the Maison. Powered by an automatic RD630 calibre, the 45-mm diameter Excalibur Spider Huracán channels the same exhilarating performance as its motoring namesake. Strong visual cues are inspired from the Huracán GT3 EVO2, including the honeycomb motif made famous by the supercar, with its hexagonal dashboard paralleled in the shape of the calibre.
Built like an engine, the calibre’s twin barrels and 12° tilted balance wheel also represent the movement signature associated with Lamborghini Squadra Corse. When viewed from the back, the skeletonised movement reveals the 360° oscillating rim weight. This reproduces the like-for-like speed effect of a Huracán wheel rim, as well as emulating its design. Finally, a crown inspired by the supercar’s racing nuts is paired with an upper calibre strut-bar bridge design reminiscent of those found on the V10 engine itself. When visionary engineers meet incredible watchmakers, iconic timepieces are born.
Hyper-tech materials meet inspiring racing codes
Both Roger Dubuis and Lamborghini Squadra Corse compulsively seek out hyper-tech materials to fulfil their obsession with shaping the future. Just as Lamborghini Squadra Corse chooses carbon fibre for its racing cars, Roger Dubuis crafts the new Excalibur Spider Huracán MB case, bezel, and crown from pure white Mineral Composite Fibre (MCF).
Exclusively developed in-house, this hyper-tech material illustrates the Maison’s technical mastery. The 100% integrated Manufacture found that engineering silica via a Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) process could produce a material 13% lighter than SMC carbon. Not only does this lightness make it extremely comfortable to wear on the wrist, it also enables the creation of intricate designs thanks to a sturdy structure.
Always seeking out the most expressive aesthetics, the pure white MCF is further elevated with embellishments in striking green, intense red and electrifying yellow to honour the design of the Huracán GT3 EVO. The same shades are also found on the white rubber strap, which features green calf leather perforated with tiny holes to reveal the red beneath.
Intricate stitching in red adds to the audacious look, while a Quick Release System ensures ultimate versatility. As exclusive as the Festival of Speed Driver’s Club, the Excalibur Spider Huracán MB is reserved for a select tribe only and therefore limited to 88 pieces.
Join us to discover the Maison’s latest roaring creation and explore iconic timepieces at the Roger Dubuis booth at the Goodwood Festival of Speed from June 23rd to June 26th. Adrenaline-seekers beware: This is going to be an epic weekend.
Roger Dubuis Excalibur Spider Huracán MB Technical Specifications
Ref RDDBEX1006 – Price available upon request
Lamborghini, the super car manufacturer from Italy, and ROGER DUBUIS HYPERWATCH™ manufacturer from Geneva, teamed up and unleashed their creativity to release audacious timepieces born to race. The result are watches with unique calibres built like engines. Inspired by Lamborghini, Roger Dubuis developed high technological innovations, offering to its exclusive tribes models evoking the uncompromised machines made by the Italian brand of the bull. The collaboration is also the genesis of unique projects where the client sits with the manufacturer to create his or her very own watch
- 12° tilted balance. Twin barrel. Rotor designed like a wheel rim.
- MCF -Mineral composite fiber
- Interchangeable strap with QRS – Quick Release System
- Rubber and perforated calf leather strap
- White MCF (Mineral composite fibre) case with titanium container and green rubber inlay
- White MCF (Mineral composite fibre) bezel with lacquered markings and sapphire crystal with antireflective coating
- Titanium open case back with sapphire crystal and metallized Excalibur Huracàn logo
- Titanium crown with yellow lacquered ring
- Diameter: 45 Millimeters
- Water-resistance: 5 BAR (50m)
- Green lower flange with white transferred texts and minute tracks.
- White upper Flange with screw-like hour markers rhodium-plated, filled with yellow SLN
- Second hand with yellow lacquer
- White gold 750/1000 hour and minute hands. Yellow outlined tips filled with SLN.
Strap & Buckle
- White rubber strap with green perforated calf leather inlay, inner colour of the holes is red, interchangeable with Quick Release System – QRS
- Titanium cover with titanium blades, triple folding, interchangeable with Quick Release System – QRS
- Calibre RD630
- Automatic, self-winding
- Complication: Date
- Calibre: Inspired by the automotive world, the RD630 was developed specifically for the partnership with Lamborghini Squadra Corse. The calibre is built with a twin barrel power supply allowing it to reach a power reserve of 60 hours. The calibre structure is designed like a super-car engine with strut-bars forming a clear and visible visual signature. The rotor is designed like a super car wheel rim.
- Finishuing: Shot-blasted main plate. Shot-blasted, trued-up bridges. NAC coated
- Functions: Hours, minutes, central second, date
- Frequency: 4 Hz / 28’800 Vibrations per Hour
- Power reserve: 60 Hours
- Diameter (lines): 16
- Thickness: 7.78 Millimeters
- Number of components: 233
- Jewels: 29
About Roger Dubuis
The rush of adrenalin, a pounding heart, the sure and certain knowledge that something is about to happen: ENTER THE FUTURE OF HYPER HOROLOGY. Impertinent, excessive and slightly mad, this is Roger Dubuis.
Solidly sustained by an integrated Manufacture, an innovative spirit, and a flagrant disregard for convention, this is what Roger Dubuis is all about! Laugh, scream, roar, and above all, create… for an exclusive tribe that believes in the philosophy of living larger than life at every turn. Inspired by other cutting-edge industries and out-of-the-box designs to prove, time and time again, that Roger Dubuis is unquestionably the most exciting way to experience Hyper Horology.