What is your favourite colour? Watchmaking enthusiasts most often opt for blue when answering this question. However, since its launch in 2016, the Carrera Heuer 02T had never ventured into this territory, preferring darker or golden tones. Today, TAG Heuer unveils a limited edition of 250 pieces of its tourbillon chronograph in a blue version fitted with a titanium strap. An important first for the brand’s tourbillon line!
A symbol of technology and an example of total control of industrial processes and manufacturing costs, the TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02T movement features a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour and an ultra-light carbon and titanium tourbillon cage. But one of the main challenges for the La Chaux-de-Fonds watchmakers was to house the chronograph functions, the self-winding mechanism and the flying tourbillon in a calibre with a diameter of 31 mm. All this while ensuring an ideal distance between the subdials to give it a contemporary look.
It is the same movement that pulses in this limited edition, but this time, the watch impresses in blue, from the bridges of the tourbillon cage to the rubber that protects the crown and pusher buttons. For the first time, the TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02T has a full dial with a blue sunray design creating the most beautiful effect.
Even the ceramic tachymetric bezel is finished in this cerulean blue with hypnotising reflections. The oscillating mass has been given a PVD coating so as not to be out of place in this azure composition.
Fitted with a 45 mm grade 5 titanium case, this chronograph has another surprise in store. Previously sporting alligator straps sewn on black rubber, or even just soft rubber, it dares to make the switch to this new model with a grade 2 titanium bracelet.
That is a first! In addition to its lightness, this material gives this TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02T timepiece a sporty yet elegant look. This exceptional watch is priced at 20,500 Swiss francs.
TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02T Technical Specifications
- Calibre Heuer 02T COSC
- 45mm diameter
- Titanium grade 5 polished, fine-brushed case
- Ceramic blue polished tachymeter fixed bezel ;
- domed, bevelled sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Blue rubber, titanium grade 5 standard crown at 3 o’clock
- Titanium grade 5 pusher button at 2 o’clock
- Titanium grade 5 pusher button at 4 o’clock
- Titanium grade 5 screwed sapphire case back with special engraving, limited numbered xxx/250
- Water resistance: 100 meters
- Blue sunray brushed dial
- 3 counters:
– 3 o’clock: rhodium-plated polished, “azurage” minute chronograph counter; rhodium-plated polished hand
– 6 o’clock: blue tourbillon
– 9 o’clock: rhodium-plated polished, “azurage” hour chronograph counter; rhodium-plated polished hand
- Rhodium-plated polished applied indexes with white Super-LumiNova©
- Rhodium-plated polished hour and minute hands with white Super-LumiNova©
- Rhodium-plated, blue central hand
- Rhodium-plated, blue TAG HEUER applied logo
- Carrera Heuer 02 T Chronograph Chronometer printed
- Titanium grade 2 H-shape bracelet
- Titanium grade 2 and steel folding clasp with double safety push-buttons; TAG Heuer shield
- CHF 20.500,00 / 19.900,00 € / £17,400.00 / $21,000.00 / S$ 29.600,00 / CN¥155,700.00 / J¥ 2.414.500,00 / 82.000,00د.إ