Perrelet welcomes the summer with two new timepieces in its TURBINE YACHT collection. With seaside holidays and nautical sports on the horizon, the prestigious Swiss watchmaker proposes a versatile watch suited for all occasions. The TURBINE YACHT is Perrelet’s resilient seagoing companion, ideal for yacht and sailing adventures or even just relaxing in elegant maritime resorts.
Perfectly rigged for nautical activities, the iconic Turbine – patented by Perrelet in 2009 and one of the distinctive elements of the new TURBINE YACHT – incorporates the useful compass rose function. Often featured on nautical maps, the wind rose displays the orientation of the four cardinal directions.
The new TURBINE YACHT models boast an attractive and refined design that echoes the colours of the sea and the aesthetic codes found on board on some of the most prestigious maritime vessels, combined with a high-performance automatic manufacture movement that powers the TURBINE YACHT models.
Offered in a 47mm stainless steel or steel with a black PVD case, these new creations are characterised by the intriguing and dynamic Turbine dial with its 11 black rotating titanium blades that evoke the shape of a yacht propeller.
Mounted on ball bearings with five tungsten counterweights underneath, the blades rotate with the slightest movement of the wrist and return to their starting point. As they spin around the dial, the blades reveal an attractive sub-dial. In alternating black/silver or electric blue/black tones, the vertical lines of the sub-dial are reminiscent of the teakwood decking of the yachts and further enhanced with a metallic applique in a silver or bronze colour.
The flange displays a mix of applied Arabic numbers and indices treated with luminescent material, just like the hands for the hours, minutes, and seconds. On the periphery of the flange is a bidirectional rotating ring indicating the cardinal points of North and South on a scale of 360°. It’s the integrated compass rose, the star function of the TURBINE YACHT. Activated by the crown at 10 o’clock, the compass allows you to maintain the set course. By establishing specific reference points and the sun’s orientation, calculating the different cardinal points is a straightforward task.
To balance harmoniously the design of the case, the winding and time-setting crown is positioned at 4 o’clock, perfectly symmetrical with the one that drives the compass rose.
In addition to their excellent precision and reliability, the 30 ATM (300m) water-resistance of the TURBINE YACHT makes them useful companions on deck as well as for exploring the depths.
The new TURBINE YACHT watches are powered by the automatic manufacture movement, calibre P-331, which beats at a frequency of 28,800vph and offers a power reserve of 42 hours. A ring embellished with the same fluting pattern of the case flanks secures the anti-reflective sapphire crystal porthole on the case-back and allows to admire the refined finishings, including Côtes de Genève decoration on the bridges and the open-worked rhodium-plated oscillating weight with the Perrelet logo.
The new models are fitted with a comfortable rubber strap – black or blue depending on the version – with a pin buckle to match the case material.
Perrelet Turbine Yacht Technical Specifications
- Hours, minutes and seconds
- Compass rose
- Self-winding movement, Perrelet in-house mechanical calibre P-331
- Turbine technology
- 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz)
- Number of rubies: 25
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Bridges with Côtes de Genève decoration
- Open-worked and rhodium-plated oscillating weight with Perrelet logo
- Round, black PVD stainless steel, fluted case band (Ref. A1088/4)
- Round, stainless steel, fluted case band (Ref. A1066/5)
- Diameter: 47 mm
- Thickness: 15.45 mm
- Bi-directional rotating ring of the compass rose activated by the crown at 10 o’clock
- Crown at 4 o’clock for winding and time setting
- Sapphire crystal glass with anti-reflective treatment on dial side
- Sapphire crystal porthole on the case back
- Waterproof to 30 ATM
- 11 black titanium turbine blades with five tungsten counterweights below
- Sub-dial with vertical black/silver stripes, silver metallic applique
- Black flange with applied even Arabic numerals and indices with light blue profile, filled with white SuperLumiNova
- Central luminescent rhodium plated hour and minute hands
- Central second hand with red luminescent tip
- Compass rose through a bi-directional rotating ring on a 360° scale, North and South indication in red, matching the seconds hand
Dial Ref. A1066/5
- Sub-dial with electric blue/black stripes, bronze metallic applique
- Deep blue flange with applied even Arabic numerals and indices with bronze profile, filled with white SuperLumiNova
- Central luminescent bronze-plated hour and minute hands
- Central second hand with bronze luminescent tip
- Compass rose through a bi-directional rotating ring on a 360° scale, North and South indication in bronze, matching the seconds hand
- Black or blue rubber strap with vertical grooves, personalized with the logo of the Maison
- Steel pin buckle customized with the Perrelet logo, matching the case material