Swiss Haute Horlogerie manufacturer Vacheron Constantin is unveiling the Traditionnelle manual-winding, China limited edition as a tribute to the romantic season. Limited in 100 pieces for Mainland China, this creation is launched exclusively for the China Valentine’s Day, Qixi. This slender and elegant timepiece is dressed in pink gold with an opal purple glints colored mother-of-pearl dial worn on a plum purple alligator leather strap.
- A numbered and engraved 100-piece limited edition dedicated to Mainland China in celebration of the Chinese Valentine’s Day.
- An opal purple glints colored mother-of-pearl dial, plum purple alligator leather strap, Mississippiensis 18K 5N pink gold case set with 54 brillant-cut diamonds on the bezel.
- A manual-winding in-house movement, Calibre 1400, symbolizes Vacheron Constantin’s watchmaking excellence, this time dedicated to sophisticated Chinese female connoisseurs.
Originated from the ancient Chinese mythology, the “Qixi Festival (Chinese Valentine’s Day)” celebrates the annual rendez-vous of the legendary couple, Cowherd and Weaving Maiden, on the Magpie Bridge. At the romantic time being, the hydrangeas are in full bloom in diﬀerent shades of purple, therefore the festival is also known as “Purple Valentine’s Day” in China. Weaving Maiden possesses marvellous weaving skills, that she weaved the clouds into a rainbow. Purple, being the last colour of the rainbow, represents not only the longing of two lovers to reunite, but also the eternal commitment towards each other as it extends into inﬁnity. The colour Purple is also a synonym for nobility and elegance in Chinese culture. In celebration of this year’s Chinese Valentine’s Day, Vacheron Constantin has dedicated its watchmaking expertise of 266 years to the new Traditionnelle manual-winding China Limited Edition, which manifests the craftsmanship of timeless classic with yet a poetic allure.
The texture of the mother-of-pearl dial takes on a subtle purple glow, reminiscent of ripples felt in lovers’ hearts at the sight of each other. The 54 brilliant-cut diamonds on the bezel shine bright, surrounding the dial seamlessly which symbolizes the lovers’ care and companionship. The round-shaped case represents a perfect circle, which signiﬁes reunion and completeness in Chinese. Every little detail of this timepiece relays the best wishes to the loved ones during the romantic festival.
Among Vacheron Constantin‘s collections, Traditionnelle perpetuates the elegant and reﬁned style of the Maison while remaining true to its technical vocation as a watchmaker. These timepieces pay tribute to the history of a Manufacture that has established itself in the ﬁeld of High Watchmaking with watches featuring an assertive and perfectly mastered classicism. Round cases, ﬁne lines, subtly harmonious displays and high-quality ﬁnishing are just some of the characteristics of this collection recalling the ﬁnest hours of Geneva’s Haute Horlogerie.
The new Traditionnelle manual-winding, China limited edition pays tribute to the romantic season and is perfectly in tune with the spirit of the collection. Faithful to the origins of Vacheron Constantin, and designed for Chinese women enamored of beautifully crafted watches that are both understated and distinguished. Issued in a 100-piece limited series exclusively for Mainland China, it asserts its style in subtle shades of purple: from the elegant opal purple of its mother-of-pearl dial to the plum purple of its alligator leather strap with 18K 5N pink gold buckle. By contrast, the 54 round-cut diamonds (approx. 0.87 ct) ﬁnely set on the bezel make the 18K 5N pink gold case the guardian of a ﬂeeting and wonderful vision of time. Powered by the in-house manual-winding Calibre 1400, this Traditionnelle watch is equipped with hours and minutes display delivering precision and reliability in all circumstances.
The new Traditionnelle manual-winding, China Limited Edition, will be available for pre-order at Vacheron Constantin‘s T-mall Flagship Store and also through its phone sales service (+86 400-623-1289) starting from July 15th, and will be available in the boutiques from August 7th.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle manual-winding, China Limited Edition Technical Specifications and Price
- Calibre 1400
- Developed and manufactured by Vacheron Constantin
- Mechanical, manual-winding
- 20.65 mm (9’’’) diameter, 2.6 mm thick
- Approximately 40 hours of power reserve
- 4 Hz (28,800 vibrations per hour)
- 98 components
- 20 jewels
- Hallmark of Geneva certified timepiece
- Hours, minutes
- 18K 5N pink gold
- 33 mm, 7.70 mm thick
- Diamond-set bezel (54 brillant-cut diamonds, approx. 0.87 ct)
- Transparent sapphire crystal caseback
- Water-resistance tested at a pressure of 3 bar (approx. 30 meters)
- Opal purple mother-of-pearl
- 18K 5N pink gold applied hour-markers
- Plum purple Mississippiensis alligator leather strap with calf inner shell, stitched-tip, square scalesBuckle
- 18K 5N pink gold pin buckle
- Polished half Maltese cross-shaped
Limited edition of 100 pieces, individually numbered – 28.000,00 €