Because platinum holds a special place in the realm of prestige watchmaking, Vacheron Constantin created a collection dedicated to this precious metal in 2006, named the Collection Excellence Platine. Exclusively composed of exceptional models issued in limited editions, this collection now welcomes a new version of the famous Traditionnelle manual-winding.
The Traditionnelle manual-winding watch symbolises the Vacheron Constantin spirit, as much through its understated, elegant design as in its respect for the values of Fine Watchmaking. This model is now presented in an all-platinum version that is joining the prestigious Collection Excellence Platine, much appreciated by collectors with a penchant for exclusive models. This new timepiece will be available in an individually numbered 75-piece limited edition.
With the exception of the hour-markers and hands crafted from white gold, the entire watch – case, dial, crown and strap buckle – is made of 950 platinum. Adding an ultimate touch of refinement, the stitching of the dark blue alligator leather strap is created from interwoven platinum and silk thread.
On a dial with a sandblasted finish, punctuated by slim applied hour-markers, a railway-type minute track and a small seconds display at 6 o’clock ensure a remarkable visual balance. The “Pt950” inscription between 4 and 5 o’clock discreetly indicates that this model belongs to the Collection Excellence Platine.
Inside the 38 mm diameter case beats a movement that also honours the Fine Watchmaking tradition in terms of both precision and reliability. Displaying its remarkable hand-finished details through a transparent sapphire crystal caseback, the in-house manual-winding 4400 AS calibre is endowed with a 65-hour power reserve.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle manual-winding – Collection Excellence Platine Technical Specification and European Prices
CALIBRE 4400 AS
- Developed and manufactured by Vacheron Constantin
- Mechanical, manual-winding
- 28.6 mm (12½’’’), diameter, 2.8 mm thick
- Approximately 65 hours of power reserve
- 4 Hz (28,800 vibrations/hour)
- 127 components
- 21 jewels
- Hallmark of Geneva certified timepiece
- small seconds
- 950 platinum
- 38 mm diameter, 7.77 mm thick
- Transparent sapphire crystal caseback
- Water-resistance tested at a pressure of 3 bar (approx. 30 metres)
- 950 platinum, sand-blasted
- “Pt950” hallmark between 4 and 5 o’clock
- 18K white gold applied hour-markers and Maltese cross
- Dark blue Mississippiensis alligator leather strap with alligator leather inner shell, hand-stitched with 950 platinum and silk, saddle-finish, large square scales
- 950 platinum buckle
- Polished half Maltese cross-shaped
Limited edition of 75 individually numbered pieces with “N°X/75” engraved on caseback
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle manual-winding – Collection Excellence Platine: 35,600€ (Recommended retail price in Germany): 35,900€ (RSP in Austria); 36,200€ (RSP in The Netherlands & Czech Republic); 36,800€ (RSP in Poland); 37,400€ (RSP in Norway & Sweden).
For more information, please check the Vacheron Constantin Website.