Now, the Bell & Ross BR 03-92 DIVER BROWN BRONZE is following in the footsteps of this large family. An evolution in brown colour design, this classic shade was a natural choice.
An underwater expertise
Bell & Ross has always taken on the element of water, giving the brand a true underwater expertise.
- The first Bell & Ross diving watch appeared in 1997. It was named the Hydromax, and was housed in a round case. The Hydromax watch achieved a record in waterproofing, able to take depths of 11,100m.
- In 2007, a new diving watch appeared. This model was housed in the BR 02 barrel-shaped case, and came equipped with a helium valve.
- In 2017, a completely new collection of diving watches was launched: the Diver. This tool was intended for professional divers. It inherited the BR 03 case in a waterproof design, and would go on to become a great success, becoming available in a variety of colourways and materials.
- Now, in 2022, the BR 03-92 Diver Brown Bronze is unveiled. This bronze timepiece is part of the Diver series of square case diving watches. The new design demonstrates Bell & Ross’s quest for excellence, innovation, and new challenges.
An iconic design
Now, the BR 03-92 DIVER BROWN BRONZE is following in the footsteps of this large family. An evolution in brown colour design, this classic shade was a natural choice.
The watch is imbued with the classic Bell & Ross identity. It borrows the iconic BR 01’s rounded square case, but in a waterproof underwater version. This design feature is the watchmaker’s interpretation of a fighter plane dashboard. Absolutely unique in appearance, the BR 03-92 DIVER BROWN BRONZE is almost peerless. Diving watches are usually housed in a round case; the BR 03-92 Diver’s unusual silhouette gives it a distinctive personality. This is a watch that will seduce design enthusiasts and seasoned divers alike.
Bronze as a material
At Bell & Ross, the Diver series was originally launched in steel. Now, bronze joins the family, with the BR 03-92 DIVER BROWN BRONZE cased in the traditional material. Its copper hue case goes perfectly with the warm colour of the dial and bezel, bronze proving itself a harmonious match for brown.
This classic, historic material has always had links with the sea, making it an instinctive choice for a diver’s watch. Bronze is a key material in maritime design: portholes, propellers, pendulums, sextants, compasses, and old ships all make use of the metal. Its use in the BR 03-92 Diver gives the timepiece a hint of retro. It is also the material used by the Nautilus of Captain Nemo, the hero in Jules Vernes’ novels. Bronze surfs the vintage wave.
But for all that, bronze is not nostalgic by nature. It is used by great architects on the facades of the most avant-garde buildings, creating undulating plates where light rebounds in a thousand scattered bursts. The Bell & Ross BR 03-92 DIVER BROWN BRONZE is at once subtly retro and decidedly modern. It combines tradition and modernity, vintage and contemporary. It accompanies the elegantly dressed to dinner just as well as it does swimmers beneath the ocean waves.
A living material
Bronze acquires a patina over time, depending on its environment.
It is a living material that evolves and corrodes. The process is different each time, and causes the metal to be fixed, solidified, strengthened. Historically, sailors allowed bronze to evolve naturally: once oxidised, it was protected from external factors.
Admirers of bronze appreciate its colour, which is reminiscent of gold. The alloy used for the Bell & Ross BR 03-92 Diver Brown Bronze is CuSn8, composed of 92% copper and 8% tin, giving it a rose hue. Over time, the evolution of the case will make each of the 999 models unique in appearance.
The entire BR 03-92 Diver Brown Bronze case is adorned with bronze. The only exceptions are the hypoallergenic stainless steel back and anodised aluminium bezel. The back is stamped with a diver’s helmet, a historical symbol of scuba diving. The watch comes with two straps. The matt brown leather strap with beige topstitching has a strong neo-retro feel that reinforces the BR 03-92 Diver Brown Bronze’s vintage, authentic spirit. A second black braided rubber strap is also available, which is more suitable for underwater use.
The underwater world is a universe that’s as dangerous as it is fascinating. When diving, time becomes a vital dimension. The mechanical diving watch is therefore of paramount importance. It is a safety tool, assisting divers under all circumstances. It especially takes over when the electronic tools of today fail and fall short.
The new Bell & Ross BR 03-92 DIVER BROWN BRONZE is a true underwater tool, responding to the exact specifications of the Swiss diving watch. It is resistant to blows, thermal shocks and salt water, and complies with the international standard ISO 6425.
A precision tool, the BR 03-92 DIVER BROWN BRONZE accompanies divers as they take on the abyss of the depths.
The BR 03-92 DIVER BROWN BRONZE has a reinforced design to withstand the underwater world. The sealed bronze case is treated to resist magnetism, and houses the BR-CAL 302 self-winding calibre. This mechanism controls the hour, minute and seconds functions, as well as the date. The crown is screwed down to guarantee maximum waterproofing and resist the pressure of the deep sea. The crown also has a rubber insert for better sealing. The BR 03-92 Diver Brown Bronze has very thick anti-reflective sapphire crystal. It is delivered in Bell & Ross’s robust waterproof packaging, the Pelican Box.
Bell & Ross BR 03-92 DIVER BROWN BRONZE Technical Specifications
- hours, minutes, seconds and date.
- BR-CAL.302. Automatic mechanical.
- 42 mm wide. 12.05 mm thick.
- Satin-finished and polished CuSn8 bronze.
- Unidirectional rotating solid bronze bezel with 60-minute scale and brown anodised aluminium ring.
- Screwdown crown.
- Crown guard.
- Steel case-back.
- Crystal: sapphire with anti-reflective coating.
- Water-resistance: 300 metres.
- Rose gold-plated applique indices with Super-LumiNova® inserts.
- Gold-plated metal skeletonised Super-LumiNova®-filled hour, minute and seconds hands.
Strap & Buckle
- brown calfskin leather and woven black rubber.
- Buckle: pin. Satin-finished and polished bronze.
Be the first to comment