Well accustomed to the runway, Bell & Ross is a specialist when it comes to flying and the military. But sometimes the brand ventures beyond air bases in search of new worlds. Always on the lookout for excellence, innovation, and new challenges, the watchmaker launched its first diving watch in 1997. Since then, the Maison on Rue Copernic has acquired real underwater expertise. With its new BR 03-92 Diver White, Bell & Ross sets out to discover icy waters and icebergs. Waterproof and resistant, this immaculate white timepiece invites you to dive under the ice floes.
An underwater tale
Bell & Ross has been scouring the seabed for a long time. A few years after it was founded in 1994, the watchmaker took the plunge. Since then, the house has acquired true underwater expertise.
A short dive back in time:
- In 1997, the brand launched the HYDROMAX® with its rounded case. This, their first diving watch, is waterproof to depths of 11,100m—a new record!
- In 2007, a new diving watch appeared, this time housed in the barrel-shaped BR 02 case.
- In 2017, the original Diver was launched with its squared case. This is a family that would go on to see great success, welcoming several new releases each year. It included models in steel and bronze, with red, green, blue and even black dials… Some collectors sought to own every version.
- This year, the BR 03-92 Diver White joins the athletic line.
This new model features a steel case and a white dial.
Snow white dial
Divers are fascinated by icy seas, polar oceans and frozen lakes, and some bold adventurers set out to explore these mysterious cold-covered expanses. For the intrepid few, Bell & Ross has developed the BR 03-92 Diver White. This new watch tool is part of the Diver family, the Maison’s successful diving watch. The 03-92 Diver White is inspired by frozen watery worlds. Its dial is adorned with white, a rare shade from Bell & Ross. This immaculate colourway evokes ice floes, the cold, and purity.
“Our dials are usually quite dark,” concedes Bruno Belamich, Creative Director and co-founder of Bell & Ross. The exact colour is an opalescent silver in subtle tones, and the dial’s matte surface has been metallised, creating iridescent reflections across the piece. “The refined finish gives the watch a sense of nobility. It reflects our top-of-the-range quality and finesse of the work,” Mr Belamich says with pride.
The BR 03-92 Diver White was born from the combined expertise of watchmakers and divers. These specialists joined forces to meet the requirements of professional divers who venture under ice fields. In this icy underwater world that’s as dangerous as it is fascinating, time becomes a vital dimension. The mechanical diving watch is therefore also a safety tool. In the event of failure, it takes over from today’s electronic tools, which do not bear the cold well.
On the contrary, the BR 03-92 Diver White’s self-winding BR-CAL 302 calibre can withstand very low temperatures.
Waterproof and robust, the BR 03-92 Diver White meets the demanding specifications of the Swiss diving watch, complying with the ISO 6425 standard.
Among its assets:
- The case is waterproof to depths of 300m.
- The unidirectional rotating bezel is graduated over 60 minutes, with a luminescent dot at 12 o’clock. This notched element is used to calculate decompression stops.
- A crown protector prevents accidental manipulations of the crown.
- The metal hands and indices are coated with a photoluminescent Super-LumiNova® coating, emitting a bright green colour in the dark. Readability remains optimal, including deep underwater, where you otherwise might not be able to see your hand in front of your face.
An iconic design
The Bell & Ross BR 03-92 Diver White joins the existing Diver legacy. This immaculate white version completes the large family. It borrows the iconic BR 01’s rounded square case, but in a waterproof underwater version.
This design feature is the watchmaker’s interpretation of an aeroplane dashboard. The squared case is an unusual sight underwater, with most diving watches houses coming in round designs. This unique shape gives the BR 03-92 Diver White a distinctive personality.
The Bell & Ross BR 03-92 Diver White’s waterproof case has been reinforced to withstand the underwater world. It houses the BR-CAL 302 self-winding calibre, which controls the hour, minute and seconds functions, as well as the date. The BR 03-92 Diver White crown is screwed down to withstand the pressure of deep seas, and has a rubber insert for better sealing. The anti-reflective sapphire crystal on this diving watch is very thick, and the back is reinforced. The watch comes with a black rubber strap, which is suitable for underwater use.
The timepiece is delivered in the brand’s famous indestructible waterproof Pelican Box.
Bell & Ross BR 03-92 Diver White technical Specifications
- hours, minutes, seconds and date.
- BR-CAL.302. Automatic mechanical.
- 42 mm wide. 12.05 mm thick.
- Satin-finished and polished steel.
- Unidirectional rotating steel bezel with 60-minute scale and black anodised aluminium insert.
- Screw-down crown.
- Crown guard.
- Crystal: sapphire with anti-reflective coating.
- Water-resistance: 300 metres.
Strap & Buckle
- woven black rubber and ultra-resilient black synthetic fabric.
- Buckle: pin.
- Satin-finished and polished steel.
Be the first to comment