Aeronautical-inspired watches make up the majority of the Bell & Ross range. The Franco-Swiss watchmaker has become the specialist in instrument watches. In 2019, the brand launched a new contemporary family that takes a step back from the tarmac: the BR 05. With an integrated bracelet that merges with the case to create a harmonious entity, this watch is the best ally for urban explorers. The Skeleton collection, which derives from it, is an overwhelming success. Its open dial reveals its fascinating watch mechanism. A captivating show! Today the BR 05 Skeleton is back in a very trendy green version.
The new BR 05 Skeleton Green is in line with the Bell & Ross BR 05 family. This sporty-chic collection, launched in 2019, quickly became the second icon of the house. This contemporary collection takes up the emblematic design of Bell & Ross and its iconic feature – round within a square, inspired by a cockpit instrument. It offers more compact dimensions and angular lines, and it abandons the pilot’s gloves and helmet for the stylish jacket and sneakers of the young trendy city dweller.
The sporty-chic BR 05 has undergone many changes. The Bell & Ross Skeleton collection, revealed in 2019, is one of them. Traditionally used in fine watchmaking, the technique of skeleton work magnifies the mechanism by cutting out the maximum material to reveal the essential. So, on the BR 05 Skeleton family, the calibre is left in full view: the transparent dial allows the mechanism to be seen in working mode.
This watch exposes its mechanical heart: the BR-CAL-322 calibre, Swiss Made, with automatic winding. The geartrain that drives it, engages in a fascinating ballet. The movement and dial assembly are based on a complex construction: it consists of the watch mechanism covered with a green-tinted crystal, then a flange housing the indexes, all magnified by sapphire crystal. The entity becomes a homogeneous unit that gains in depth.
The sapphire crystal back makes it possible to admire the swinging of the oscillating weight with a design inspired by a sports car wheel trim.
You can therefore enjoy and contemplate the mechanism from both sides of the watch.
This new BR 05 Skeleton Green is the fourth version of the BR 05 Skeleton family. The different models in this collection are distinguished by the colour of the crystal covering their mechanism.
A brief family timeline:
- In 2019, the first grey Skeleton was created in all steel. It appeared simultaneously with the launch of the first BR 05 pieces.
- In 2020, a blue version was launched.
- In 2021, the Nightlum was unveiled. It enhanced its noctural readability by coating its indexes and hands with Super-LumiNova® C5.
In 2022, launch of the Skeleton Green. The fourth member of this successful series is tinted with an elegant olive green.
Building on the success of its predecessors, the BR 05 Skeleton is now adorned with green, a complementary colour to the previous ones; after black, blue and grey, green is essential.
This is a deep, elegant olive green. Neither too bright nor too dark, it goes perfectly with the watch steel. It enhances this material and magnifies it.
The 40 mm case of the BR 05 Skeleton Green is entirely made of steel. Its finishes alternate between polished and satin. The watch is also available on a green rubber strap, which gives it a more sporty style.
Bell & Ross BR 05 Skeleton Green Technical Specifications
- hours, minutes and seconds.
- Automatic mechanical.
- 40 mm in width. 10.33 mm thick.
- Satin-finished and polished steel.
- Screw-down crown.
- Crown guard.
- Sapphire caseback with 360° oscillating weight.
- Crystal: sapphire with anti-reflective coating.
- Water resistance: 100 metres.
- Skeletonised with olive green coloured transparent panel and rhodium-plated movement.
- Applique indices filled with Super-LumiNova®.
- Metal skeletonised Super-LumiNova®-filled hour and minute hands.
Strap & Buckle
- Khaki rubber.
- Satin-finished and polished steel.
- Satin-finished and polished steel folding buckle